C4S poppin fuses!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 06:34 PM
jayfunk
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C4S poppin fuses!!

Afternoon Gents,

just wanted to bring this topic in since i DID a serch and the only thing i found was someone having a similar problem but was related to the power seats.

Friday night i tried to lock the car but the car kepts honking at me. i know about the radio honk but it was too quick. found that the door locking mech. wasnt working, no overhead lights and that my windows would not roll down. figured it was a fuse, replaced it and POP it blew. tried another one, this time a 20amp (the original was 15A) and again right away POP! had to put the car away since i couldnt lock the doors and drive the XB all weekend

has anyone experienced this problem? wanted to ask or see if anyone has had this problem, or can offer anything to look for that is causing this prob. dont want to head to the dealer and and be 1k less if it was something i could have done.

the fuse that keeps blowing is C -fuse number 3 (15a)

any help would be a great!!
Old 06-18-2007, 06:36 PM
jayfunk
Advanced

also, wanted to add that my windows would lower when i lift the handle up so those work as well as everything else.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:35 AM
jayfunk
Advanced

31 views? anyone? chime in pls!
Old 06-19-2007, 12:47 AM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

C3 is alarm, power windows, and sun roof.
You will need to trace back to those devices.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:17 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

As Loren said, trace back those devices. If you are not the original owner of the car you might be surprised what you find. There could have been some aftermarket items in the car that were removed but still have wire taps, etc, in the system.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:08 AM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if it only pops when you lock to doors id rule out the sun roof and the windows
i would un plug the alarm horn next to the battery and see if it still blows the fuse
Old 06-20-2007, 04:06 AM
jayfunk
Advanced

thanks guys! im going to try working on that this sat, when its a little less hot outside and less busy! hope i find what i need
Old 06-26-2007, 01:18 AM
jayfunk
Advanced

update!

found the problem with a friend sunday.

so we already knew that the fuse that was blowing controled the windows, door locks, and interior lights.

first pulled the window switches, thinking we pinched those wires during a recent B&M install. nope fuse blew

looked around and also remembered that the sunroof didnt work either. lets pull the over head lights and pannel....

and thats where we found the problem. i guess during my reinstal of my interior i put a screw through a few wires and it finally wore through to the core and that was causing all the shorting and the blowing of the fuse. taped up all the damaged ones and popped a new 15a. WALA, working again.

im a dumb *** . at least we found it and didnt have to resort to talking it to the dealer. dont even know what they would of charged me for this.

thanks again guys

Quick Reply: C4S poppin fuses!!