Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Wheel, Tyre and Suspension - will this combo work?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:10 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alpha I am in total agreement. So I might go for the same but with black centers since I have a Speed Yellow car, what do you think?
Attached Images  
Old 06-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Alphahunter
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheSpeedDemon
Alpha I am in total agreement. So I might go for the same but with black centers since I have a Speed Yellow car, what do you think?
Yellow and Black, you cant go wrong. Go for it.!
Old 06-07-2007, 11:53 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Benjamin, I spoke to Damon today at the Tire Rack and your wheels came up in the discussion, again they look great.

So I might just bite the bullet and get a a great set of wheels now and be done with it.

BTW...what size wheels and tyres do u have?

Thanks again
Damon is the man!

My wheels are 19x8.5 up front on 235s and 19x12s w/ 315s in the rear - these will not fit your car FYI so don't try to copy my setup - Damon will tell you the same thing.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

That's going to look siq! Make sure you lower it ASAP. It won't look nearly as good with it at stock ride height v. dropped.

Here it is on the Ruf RT12 - Ruf uses the OZ 3s on their flagship 911.

Here it is on my black M3 - it'll look better with your SY.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by Alphahunter
Dude, Those are nice.
Thx, bud here's a better shot for you

Old 06-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Alphahunter
Instructor

Originally Posted by Benjamin Choi
Thx, bud here's a better shot for you

That looks really good.
I love the M3. The new one coming out is off the hook! V8 over 400 horse! I love it!

Did you use H&R to lower? I am new to Porsche and trying to learn whats good and whats not.

I have 19.8.5 235x35 and 19x10 275x30 on my C2
Old 06-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Alphahunter
Instructor

I would go with 19's. I have a C2 with 19x8.5 235x35 and 19x10 275x30
I think 19's look good on the P cars. I am going to go with a 295x30 or 305x30 if they will fit on the back next time.
Ben has a 315 and I know that will fit a 10" rim but I dont know if it will work on the C2? If it does the 315 on the back would be the way to go!
Old 06-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Fellas, on the narrowbodies, anything over 10s isn't going to fit right without fender molestation and going with less than ideal tire sizes. If you wanted steamrollers, ya guys needed to get the widebodies. Just make sure if you go 11s, you're going off of specs from someone who has fitted it and can prove it doesn't rub even when lowered.

My suspension is PSS9s. I never go with just going with springs over stock shocks. Ghetto if you ask me.

Stick with the 275s with the 10s. 19s are a must. 18s look too small especially the aftermarket wheels with any sort of lip.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:10 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

This is great feedback and much apprciated as the investment I am about to do is significant.

So if I understand this right:

Front 19x8.5 with 235/35
Rear 19x10 with 275/30
PSS9 Suspension System

Question: can I go with a 285/30 on the rear with the PSS9?

Due to cost of everything (7K) I may have to do this in stages.

I understand about doing the suspension first, however I have to get rid of the ghetto wheels ASAP. I can just afford the wheels and tyres I want, but it is going to be a stretch to do the PSS9 at the same time. But then I am in a corner in that I do not want killer wheels on the car without lowering it and it might be a few months before I can get the PSS9. Basically I do not want to drive around with ghetto wheels on the car, but will the new wheels look out of place if not lowered.

What if I put in H&R Lowering Springs for the time being then do the PSS9?

Thanks again for everyones input on this subject, it is much appreciated.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:26 PM
pat056
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TheSpeedDemon

Where did you get your aero kit? What could I expect to pay? Installed?
Are you happy with it?
It really look nice!!

Pat
Old 06-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

I see your quandary. What a tough problem to have.

Get the wheels first because those chrome wheels are straight outta DUB magazine.

You can do the springs first and then save up for the PSS9s or look for a used set which is always great to do.

You want to have it all at once, man, to really justify your expenditure. The wheels just aren't going to look right at stock height with the lower profile tires. It's going look like a 4x4.

This is great feedback and much apprciated as the investment I am about to do is significant.

So if I understand this right:

Front 19x8.5 with 235/35
Rear 19x10 with 275/30
PSS9 Suspension System

Question: can I go with a 285/30 on the rear with the PSS9?

Due to cost of everything (7K) I may have to do this in stages.

I understand about doing the suspension first, however I have to get rid of the ghetto wheels ASAP. I can just afford the wheels and tyres I want, but it is going to be a stretch to do the PSS9 at the same time. But then I am in a corner in that I do not want killer wheels on the car without lowering it and it might be a few months before I can get the PSS9. Basically I do not want to drive around with ghetto wheels on the car, but will the new wheels look out of place if not lowered.

What if I put in H&R Lowering Springs for the time being then do the PSS9?

Thanks again for everyones input on this subject, it is much appreciated.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:11 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Pat,

the Aero Kit was on the car when I bought it, but originally the car did not come with the kit and I believe just recently. But I do not know where the kit came from, but I have heard through other threads/posts that there are places out there such as Suncoast Porsche.

As far as being happy with it...absolutely, it really made me want the car, to me it finishes it the look and being Speed Yellow, it actually looks wider than it really is.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Speed Demon, Your Mustang is incredible. I'm supposed to copy & send a picture of it to my buddy that bought my Saleen. It is one of the nicest fox bodies that I have seen....EVER. The OEM GT3 mk1 wheels look fantastic with your aero kit. I believe they are made by BBS, they are two piece and are light weight. I have seen some incredible deals here, 6 speed, Pelican, and on E-bay. I bought my wheels off a fellow Rennlist member and couldnt be happier.

Check these wheels and tires out....https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale-ads-member-to-member-fs-wtb-free/357230-fs-4-forgeline-sx3r-s-with-new-michelin-pilot-sport-cup-tires.html

Last edited by Mfletch; 06-08-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

OK I tried a similar post in the Wheel & Tire forum but no response, so lets see if I can try this from a different angle:

My 1999 996 is shown below with the Aero Kit (top picture - Speed Yellow).

I want to add the Bilstein PSS9 suspension kit to the car, a set of Ruger Sport 19" wheels and tyres as follows:

Front: 19x8.5 offset ET45 with 235/35ZR19

Rear: 19x10.5 offset ET52 with 285/30ZR19

I like this design as it is a 5-spoke, silver with a deep looking highly polished lip (I have included a picture of the wheel and also on a 996 with the Aero Kit).

Please can anyone tell me if this will work out or not, or basically any input will do? I have not had a chance to see what they will look like on my car yet, but I was told that the otehr car did not have any suspension mods done to it, and so I like the stance.

FYI: I have a budget of 5K for wheels, tyres and suspension and the above I can get for under 4K and I can get the suspension installed by a shop I know.

The other option is I get the wheels and tyres and see how that goes (I need to get rid of my current ones they just don't look good on the car). Then address the suspension afterwards.

Thanks in advance, this forum is GREAT!!!
My search isnt working to verify but look for a thread I believe called "dont buy these wheels". I will tell you all about them, as bad as they are, people really liked the way my car looks including myself.

Here is a pic:
Attached Images  
Old 06-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Alphahunter
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tippy
My search isnt working to verify but look for a thread I believe called "dont buy these wheels". I will tell you all about them, as bad as they are, people really liked the way my car looks including myself.

Here is a pic:
I think they look great! just my $.02
So the 295's fit ok? Is that a 19?

Quick Reply: Wheel, Tyre and Suspension - will this combo work?