Sponsored by:

Click/tick noise upon acceleration from 2nd gear from a roll

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 01:18 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Click/tick noise upon acceleration from 2nd gear from a roll

I have an '02 C4S and I just noticed this today. I usually have my music blastin', but at this time when I noticed this, zero tunes.

2nd gear, accelerating briskly at the moment of throttle application and car moves forward, I hear this light click noise from I don't know whether it's from the rear or front, but I think the rear. It's just one click. In the S2000 world, it was likely the diff or wheel bearing, but not sure if this is something common on the C4S... no clue.

I know that I need to make some more room for the front sway bar as that sometimes touches, but other than that the car's been awesome to drive with no odd behavior/noises.

Where should I tell my mechanic to take a look? Anyone else go through something like this with their C4S and wants to share their experience in getting rid of the noise?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

P.S. I am lowered on PSS9s w/ aftermarket 19s - every other suspension piece is stuck
Old 05-23-2007, 02:57 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Maybe it's the rear seat belt anchor latches? I did a search, but nothing pops up when I do "noise". I'm thinking maybe it's something in my interior, but I swear I heard it from the outside rear... no idea.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:49 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Anyone?

Seems to happen also in first gear, again sometimes... it's not all the time and it occurs when say shifting from 1st to 2nd and the moment I engage the clutch and press the throttle... clickclick... only happens when shifting at low RPMs... no sound when say I shift and move aggressively.

Quick Reply: Click/tick noise upon acceleration from 2nd gear from a roll