996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

FS: 996/986 SY painted sport seats w/ stitching & crest

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 07:36 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

i got used to climbing in and out of these, its not that bad since my car is lowered... Yes, street and track. Once on the track youll never go back and can live with it, for me anyway... plus you can easily resell them.
Sorry for jacking the thread...peace
Old 08-06-2007, 07:38 PM
michael.s.under
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats how I see it, although I do not personally have them, I have a buddy with them and although it is different getting in, it is not difficult. The rear seat access is difficult on the other hand, but its practically a rear storage area anyway, as anyone over 5 yrs cant fit back there!!!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 07:58 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redridge
got used to climbing in and out of these, its not that bad since my car is lowered... Yes, street and track. Once on the track youll never go back and can live with it, for me anyway... plus you can easily resell them.
Sorry for jacking the thread...peace
Originally Posted by michael.s.under
Thats how I see it, although I do not personally have them, I have a buddy with them and although it is different getting in, it is not difficult. The rear seat access is difficult on the other hand, but its practically a rear storage area anyway, as anyone over 5 yrs cant fit back there!!!!!
Thanks guys much appreciated feedback. Not worried about the back area at all, no kids. So I will be looking at a rollbar also eventaully but maybe start with the seats.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:48 AM
racingfan
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

SpeedDemon, I responded to your pm. But for everyone else's information (and safety), I want to share a bit of what I just pm'd. The sport seats are not recommended for use with harnesses. If you want to install a bar and harness, then you should get seats that have the holes built-in for harness pass through (and a pass-through for an anti-submarine belt in the seat cushion). For example, without the pass through holes that hold the harnesses in the correct position on your shoulders, the harnesses have to pass around the back of the seat and, consequently, they may slide off your shoulders in an accident. In fact, it's my understanding that as of January 2008, you will not pass safety inspection at a PCA DE trying to use harnesses without seats that have the pass-throughs.

In any event, thanks to everyone for the interest expressed in these seats. They are pretty sweet. So if anyone -- who is not planning on using a harness -- is interested, please let me know.

Cheers.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:33 PM
michael.s.under
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to give you credit...... Pointing out how particular features of your item wont work with mods a potential buyer said he may be moving toward, even though it may effect the sale to that person takes good character traits. Good man, I particularly appreciate the honesty!

Cheers!
Old 08-07-2007, 01:25 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by racingfan
SpeedDemon, I responded to your pm. But for everyone else's information (and safety), I want to share a bit of what I just pm'd. The sport seats are not recommended for use with harnesses. If you want to install a bar and harness, then you should get seats that have the holes built-in for harness pass through (and a pass-through for an anti-submarine belt in the seat cushion). For example, without the pass through holes that hold the harnesses in the correct position on your shoulders, the harnesses have to pass around the back of the seat and, consequently, they may slide off your shoulders in an accident. In fact, it's my understanding that as of January 2008, you will not pass safety inspection at a PCA DE trying to use harnesses without seats that have the pass-throughs.

In any event, thanks to everyone for the interest expressed in these seats. They are pretty sweet. So if anyone -- who is not planning on using a harness -- is interested, please let me know.

Cheers.
Thanks for the PM and I just replied.

Thanks for explaining to me, and the others, how these seats can be used in more detail and that they will not meet my future needs, your honesty is much appreciated my friend.

They are beautiful seats as you say, and I have thought about buying them a couple of times now, but I am sure you will find a buyer eventually.

GL with the sale and if I have any leads for them I will let you know
Old 09-01-2007, 05:00 PM
racingfan
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Monthly bump...still available
Old 09-02-2007, 03:30 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn I just bought something else instead.....
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: FS: 996/986 SY painted sport seats w/ stitching & crest