Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

"Cop magnet" colors versus "stealthy" ones?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 02:08 AM
Pettit
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mfletch
Many of my co-workers would be more inclined to pull over the person in the following picture regardless of what type or color of car they were driving.
i'm not even a cop and i'd pull her over
Old 06-26-2007, 02:13 AM
dallasboats
Pro

No tickets in the black car, they have pulled me over a few times, only to let me go. Twice, just to check out the car....................
Old 06-26-2007, 02:24 AM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Chuck, you forget...I'm old enough to be her Dad and I would prefer to stay happily married. Oh, I almost forgot, wifey will be carrying a gun also in a couple months. Remember a lady by the name of Lorraine Bobbit?
Old 06-26-2007, 02:30 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lorraine......Lorraine.......oh yes.....she was responsible for putting together the candidates for a male soprano group.

I've been using your Gtek...but I can't get the times you got with your Tip....too much strain on the clutch at launch...but I'm having fun with it.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:44 AM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Chuck, I'm glad to hear you're having fun with the G-tech. How does the 930 compare to the 996?
Old 06-26-2007, 03:19 AM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't run the Gtek on the 930...I would imagine that I would get better lower end times out of the 930 as long as I kept it spooled up...the long geared 4 speed wouldn't need to shift past 2nd. It has a new clutch in it, so the launch is much tighter. The clutch on the 996 is starting to slip a bit...always did engage high ever since I bought it. We need to get together again....how about this week sometime?
Old 06-26-2007, 07:54 AM
MikeZ
Instructor

I have an '03 in guards red C2 Cab and have never got stopped in 3.5 years. As we all know, you can't go slow in a P car. My BMW 745i Black on the other hand has been stopped 3 times in the last 3 years for speeding. Fortunately, I have some get out of jail free passes.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:38 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have never paid much attention to the color of cars that I pull over. I am much more inclined to pull over a guy in a beat up old muscle car with lightning bolts tattooed on his neck then a well dressed businessman in a Porsche.
Many of my co-workers would be more inclined to pull over the person in the following picture regardless of what type or color of car they were driving.
I hate it when people sterotype people with tat's, and in this case use it as an excuse to pull them over. If the same person is driving a P car, then are they going to get pulled over too, sounds like it to me?
Old 06-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Steven, I was not referring to someone with tats like yours. I have several younger Deputy friends with as many as you have. I do enjoy giving them a hard time about their tats (I think there is an age gap). I was making a reference to a person with a prison gang tattoo (the lightning bolts on the neck=Aryan Brotherhood). What I should have said, was I would rather pull over parolees than joe citizen.
When I started my career in South Central Los Angeles in the mid 80s, the only people that I encountered with tattoes were gang memebers or Parolees. After 22 years, I can tell the difference between a gang tattoo, a prison tattoo, and joe citizen (or deputy) who has tattoos.
Steven, I did not mean to offend you. The only reason I would pull you over would be to tell you what a cool car you have and introduce myself.
I will work on being more politically correct in my old age. My best friend's adult daughter has one over the crack of her butt....I shouldn't tell him what that one means.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 136 Likes on 72 Posts

My best friend's adult daughter has one over the crack of her butt....I shouldn't tell him what that one means.

Tramp Stamp!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 09:12 PM
TheSpeedDemon
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steven, I was not referring to someone with tats like yours. I have several younger Deputy friends with as many as you have. I do enjoy giving them a hard time about their tats (I think there is an age gap). I was making a reference to a person with a prison gang tattoo (the lightning bolts on the neck=Aryan Brotherhood). What I should have said, was I would rather pull over parolees than joe citizen.
When I started my career in South Central Los Angeles in the mid 80s, the only people that I encountered with tattoes were gang memebers or Parolees. After 22 years, I can tell the difference between a gang tattoo, a prison tattoo, and joe citizen (or deputy) who has tattoos.
Steven, I did not mean to offend you. The only reason I would pull you over would be to tell you what a cool car you have and introduce myself.
I will work on being more politically correct in my old age. My best friend's adult daughter has one over the crack of her butt....I shouldn't tell him what that one means.
NP, you did not offend me at all, just wanted to express my concern about possible profiling because of tattoos, but now I understand your position as I wasn't aware of the lightning bolts being a representation of something to be honest. I have and will continue to keep myself on the correct side of the law, so to me tat's are pieces of art work and in some cases expression of the person (as you saw with my tattoo), not a tag to say who I belong too. So the people that I hang out with that have tat's are not gang bangers etc. either not my scene. So I can see that with your experience and knowledge why you would pull over some people because they are who they are and do what they do and you are out to stop them prior to anything happening. Yeah I wouldn't tell your friend what his daughters tat means.

BTW, I am a Sales Engineer with a Cisco Systems Partner, so my attire is professional looking but that is work and after work is my own time and life. My tat's do not and will not extend into my lower arms or around the neck, just is not a professional image that our customers want to see. My work knows I have the tat's but because they are hidden it is not a problem.

mate
Old 06-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Mfletch
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Steven, I appreciate your understanding.

Quick Reply: "Cop magnet" colors versus "stealthy" ones?