Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Where can I find a 2003 996 Owners and Service Manuals?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 11:50 AM
kurtp
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I find a 2003 996 Owners and Service Manuals?

A Google search suggested I look at Rennlist, and I wondered why I didn't think of that first. Anyway, here goes.

My 2003 996 Cabriolet arrived without an owners manual. The dealer that sold me it didn't have one. Where would I find one? Used is fine. I would like this book to read about some of the features the car has, how they operate, recommended maintenance and what ever else is in them.

Also, I ordered and received a complete service manual for this car online (PDF version). The file was corrupt and wouldn't work properly and the seller said that his file was corrupt as well. Here is the source of the one I bought that was corrupt. Does anyone have ideas of anohter place I could get this? It seems like it would be very handy. The one I received is viewable, but not accessible through the index, requiring scrolling through from beginning to end.

Thanks.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:13 PM
TamiyaGuy
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts

Your dealership should be able to order one for you without a problem. They're still available from Porsche. But, if you hurry, you still have 2 hours to bid on this brand new set on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...24075271QQrdZ1

Looks correct for the 2003 model year.

Thanks,
Peter
Old 05-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can download a MY03 owners manual at RennTech.org (after you join - which is free).
Service manuals are copyrighted material and must be purchased either from Porsche or used from someone that did buy them from Porsche.
If you are interested in DIY tips, tricks and articles check out RennTech.org.
We like to think Rennlist and RennTech.org compliment each other.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:28 PM
Botsy67
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I got mine from the dealer as well, brand new...and I think each car should have one as a reference.
Cheers,
Old 05-14-2007, 12:49 AM
trehrlich
Intermediate

I got my user's manual, dealer locator, brochures, quick reference guide, radio manual, leather envelope, etc. from Ebay as a total package. The dealer only sent me a user's guide. (2001 cab)
Old 05-14-2007, 01:20 AM
kurtp
Advanced

Thanks for all the advice. I will keep my eyes on eBay and speak with our local dealer. I like the idea of getting the total package on eBay. There is no rush, but it would be nice to have for review. I will get the PDF manual from renntech.org as well.

Have a nice week.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:28 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kurtp
Thanks for all the advice. I will keep my eyes on eBay and speak with our local dealer. I like the idea of getting the total package on eBay. There is no rush, but it would be nice to have for review. I will get the PDF manual from renntech.org as well.

Have a nice week.
Kurt,

I'm sure Hoehn can source what you're after, but boy they'll charge you for it!

EBAY is probably the best bet.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:39 PM
bstaneland
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What does the 996 owner's manual cost new from the dealer?
Old 06-19-2007, 11:57 AM
bonkur
Advanced

I had the same problem and just ordered a NEW owner's manual from Sunset Imports for $27.

http://www.sunsetimports.com/sitemap.php

Don't buy on ebay - they're overpriced...
Old 06-20-2007, 12:33 AM
Kerry
Addict
Rennlist Member

The service manuals are Porsche part number WKD-483-721. It covers all 996 C2, C4 and GT3. They currently cost $2091 according to Sunset Porsche. I have a set (14 volumes) that have all of the supplements as of the '02 model year, if anyone is interested in buying.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Kims996Cab
Racer

Also, I ordered and received a complete service manual for this car online (PDF version). The file was corrupt and wouldn't work properly and the seller said that his file was corrupt as well. Here is the [link] of the one I bought that was corrupt. Does anyone have ideas of anohter place I could get this?
It appears that most, if not all, of these pirated PDF service manuals must have come from the same source. I have seen discs from several different vendors, all of which have the identical pages corrupted.

There are some versions out there, however, in which the index has been repaired so that it functions properly.

The bottom line, though, is that someone scanned these hundreds of pages in order to, in effect, market a product that does not belong to them. It may even be a legal threat to Rennlist and similar sites for such links to be placed here.

But, then, I'm definitely not a lawyer, nor did I sleep anywhere but my own bed last night.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Doug Donsbach
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Also, I ordered and received a complete service manual for this car online (PDF version). The file was corrupt and wouldn't work properly and the seller said that his file was corrupt as well. Here is the source of the one I bought that was corrupt. Does anyone have ideas of anohter place I could get this? It seems like it would be very handy. The one I received is viewable, but not accessible through the index, requiring scrolling through from beginning to end.
You can download the service information (at a cost of US $110 per section) from Porsche Technical Service Information. Parts catalogue downloads are free on that site.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:41 PM
John Henry III - AZ
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you need to see a specific section while you are waiting. e-mail me and I can copy the pages for you and send back over
Old 06-20-2007, 11:16 PM
kurtp
Advanced

Thanks for the input. When I need this information for a particular repair, I will certainly contact someone that has actual access to the real service manual. No where on the site I ordered from was it mentioned that the copy was not legitimate, and I was new enough to not be suspicious. I became suspicious of them once the information arriced corrupted.

Quick Reply: Where can I find a 2003 996 Owners and Service Manuals?