996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Seafoam How to Use

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 10:53 PM
nick49
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Check out some of the Jeep forums, all the 17 and 18 year old kids are using this trying to revitalize their 20 year old Jeep Cherokees. Everyone of them claim miraculous results such as better gas mileage, easier starting, less oil consumption, quieter lifters and overall quieter motor. Some have reported noticeable increase in power, motor no longer slowly loses idle speed and dies, no more fouled spark plugs, and I think one guy even reported seeing a hologram type image of the Virgin Mary hovering above his motor when he lifted the hood. I guess what ever works.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:42 PM
evansaero
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nick49
I think one guy even reported seeing a hologram type image of the Virgin Mary hovering above his motor when he lifted the hood. I guess what ever works.
I hadn't heard that one before

How does it work??? Can I just sniff,inject,drink,or should I freebase

I'm hoping to meet Elvis soon
Old 05-03-2007, 12:03 AM
nick49
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Wasn't sure how you'd take it!

Probably shouldn't post after drinking a strong beer way too fast! LOL
Old 05-03-2007, 12:39 AM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by evansaero
No worries, no hydraulic lock going on here.

So if you did it with other motors whats the big deal? Because it says PORSCHE???
Because to rebuild a small block chevy, it cost a few hundred dollars, to rebuild a M96, need I say more.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:18 AM
evansaero
Pro

Originally Posted by Tippy
Because to rebuild a small block chevy, it cost a few hundred dollars, to rebuild a M96, need I say more.
I guess what I'm trying to say is

Have you ever blown up a motor by this method or caused internal damage? You said you've torn down an engine after doing such a thing. I have seen plenty of bmw,moded stangs,and rice buners use this stuff. It's all over you tube and forums; kind of funny watching some of them.

If you know something that will cause damage to my car using this method please let me know.

If you look over at the 993,964,944 boards, you'll see they use these methods on Porsche engines. I don't think were drinking the coolaid (seafoam) and seeing Elvis, or even the Virgin Mary if we use this method to attempt to gain better engine performance ie gas mileage, idle smoothness,throttle response,ect

I'll post back when the engine blows and you'll all can have a good laugh at me
Old 05-03-2007, 01:32 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the guys on my Land Rover forum use this stuff all the time - in the oil and in the intake as well.

Seems to be a cure for just about any ill.

I'm thinking of using it to clean my espresso machine - it seems to clean just about everything else!
Old 05-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Tippy
Race Car

I guess what I'm trying to say is

Have you ever blown up a motor by this method or caused internal damage? You said you've torn down an engine after doing such a thing. I have seen plenty of bmw,moded stangs,and rice buners use this stuff. It's all over you tube and forums; kind of funny watching some of them.

If you know something that will cause damage to my car using this method please let me know.

If you look over at the 993,964,944 boards, you'll see they use these methods on Porsche engines. I don't think were drinking the coolaid (seafoam) and seeing Elvis, or even the Virgin Mary if we use this method to attempt to gain better engine performance ie gas mileage, idle smoothness,throttle response,ect

I'll post back when the engine blows and you'll all can have a good laugh at me
No, no, I didnt say that Seafoam will do damage, I was talking about 1999Porsche911 talking about using tranny fluid and letting it sit in the cylinders. It was more of a joke because I could see people putting a quart of tranny fluid into the intake, it all running down to one cylinder and trying to crank the motor and then destroying it.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:29 AM
evansaero
Pro

No, no, I didnt say that Seafoam will do damage, I was talking about 1999Porsche911 talking about using tranny fluid and letting it sit in the cylinders. It was more of a joke because I could see people putting a quart of tranny fluid into the intake, it all running down to one cylinder and trying to crank the motor and then destroying it.
oh

Now it all makes since now I see the joke now Now that's fuuny
Old 05-03-2007, 10:30 AM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Using ATF as I described has been part of engine maintenance for more than 50 years and using it does not put the engine at risk. Does spraying carb cleaner in the intake blow the engine? Does pouring Miracle Oil in the intake blow the engine?

When sucked into the engine the ATF hit all parts of the intake track and does not go to just one cylinder. Does a great job of softening carbon as it vaporizes and clings to everything.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:35 AM
evansaero
Pro

Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
Using ATF as I described has been part of engine maintenance for more than 50 years and using it does not put the engine at risk. Does spraying carb cleaner in the intake blow the engine? Does pouring Miracle Oil in the intake blow the engine?

When sucked into the engine the ATF hit all parts of the intake track and does not go to just one cylinder. Does a great job of softening carbon.
I have never used ATF as you describe, but my next door neighbor swears by it.

Thanks for the help yesterday
Old 05-03-2007, 10:51 AM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When sucked into the engine the ATF hit all parts of the intake track and does not go to just one cylinder. Does a great job of softening carbon as it vaporizes and clings to everything.

I think he was talking if someone dumped a qt in the intake with the car off. then started it up.
Atf is one of the greatest engine cleaners ever
Old 05-03-2007, 10:57 AM
1999Porsche911
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 99firehawk
I think he was talking if someone dumped a qt in the intake with the car off. then started it up.

Yeah, I can see where doing that might cause a problem.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Originally Posted by 99firehawk
Correct. That is what I meant.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Tippy
Race Car

In my prior post I mentioned I have done the same with ATF and water, it just came off to me when you said let it sit overnight, that you dumped fluid in an engine when it is off and the next day cranked it.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:25 PM
evansaero
Pro

Just did the cleaning through the vacuum line.

I let it sit for 7-8 min and used about 1/2 the can. The car just sucked it right up.

Not that much smoke, I have video I'll post later. I guess it's because I rev the **** out of her every day.

There is 1 improvement that I saw.

1. Engine running just a little smother. Back fat jiggle and RPM's confirm this.
I have used Techron and never saw this kind of improvement

I'll have to see if fuel mileage improves after I finish the full tank of gas I have.

In the end I’m happy with the initial results
Wanted to post one more improvement that I have...

MPG is over 5% increase over the last 10 tank fills.
Went from 18.3 to 19.5 MPG average per tank.

I drive about 10000 miles a year so thats about $85 savings on fuel a year Just doing my part to clean up the environment

Quick Reply: Seafoam How to Use