Sponsored by:

Just picked up my C4S and want a warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 04:48 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just picked up my C4S and want a warranty

It's an '02 with 29K miles and I am in love. PSS9s, aerokit, full OEM CF interior, factory color-backed sport seats with power... awesome.

The 04 M3 was nice with the TC Klines, but I gotta say the C4S takes it to an entirely different level. So for those M3 v. 996 threads... I see the light.

Anyways, this car is out of warranty and wondering if any of the trusted Rennlist 996 fellas could recommend some aftermarket warranty companies for the ride.

I don't even know where to begin researching. I need some credible warranty companies that cover most if not all 996 3.6 issues and have been around and will be around for some time to come.

Best,
Ben
Old 04-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Zoolander
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about some pics??????
Old 04-21-2007, 11:10 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Ben - congrats. The after market warranty companies have been discussed a lot here, so do an "advanced" search usng the word warranty and search on thread titles only to narrow the search a little. You will still probably get a lot of "hits" even with that process.

BTW ====>
Old 04-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

sup buds, i'm still in san fran right now and driving back up to seattle tomorrow.

i'll post pics when i get back and take some while on the road, though i kinda wanna post after i put my wheels on as well.

wish me safety! as for the warranty, i already did a quick search and universal and warranty direct sound good, but warranty direct's website function says '02 911s aren't covered?

p.s. funny thing happened last nite.... i kinda took barry bond's spot in my bud's condo garage (barry lives a floor above him). barry didn't seem too happy about it. he drives a white 750 and a bentley GT silver in the garage.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:28 PM
s14roller
Racer

Congrads on the new ride!!
Old 04-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

congrats and have a safe trip........ after which...... POST PICS.... before and after wheels, this way we appreciate the wheels more....
Old 04-21-2007, 04:53 PM
sanscu
1st Gear

This is my first post. I'm jealous. I want one too. hehe.

Anyhow, how much did you pay for the car all told.

Thanks.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:57 PM
slaaw
Rennlist Member

My C4S is covered with Warranty Direct.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Chuck Jones
Drifting

Tim: You must be feeling better now that you've had your "fix" in bore sighting a newbie for pics.
I was starting to get a bit worried about your withdrawl symptoms when they all posted with pics and didn't leave you any targets of opportunity.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:39 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Originally Posted by slaaw
care to share details, pricing and maybe a good contact there to work with?

thx,
Ben

PS - car is lowered, but man that aerokit lip scrapes on anything but a flat driveway
Old 05-21-2007, 09:59 PM
mkiv808
Advanced

Originally Posted by slaaw
How's that?

The site says they don't cover 911's.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:52 AM
kurtp
Advanced

I purchased a 2003 C2 two weeks ago from a dealer without an extended warranty. Sorry BlackCab996. The reason I did this is because I was suspicious of the warranty company they used. However, I planned on getting a third-party extendedwarranty. This hasn't happened yet, as I live in California and it is more difficult here (few legitimate companies to choose from).

The extended warranty business seems very slippery, in that ethics seem a distant thought to some of them. However, there are some good companies out there that pay claims and have positive track-records. Look elsewhere on this site and you will see that several have made great comments aboiut WarrantyDirect. I haven't gone to them yet, as they are still working on some CA requirements.

I was considering two other EW brokerages that worked with companies that offered exclusionary contracts (the best way to go in my mind), but they didn't work with CA addresses. They offered a work-around by saying I lived in another state and then moved to CA, but I was too suspicious of this and declined. Also, most good EW plans are completely transferable. The idea of going through a EW brokerage was to have a larger company that would fight for me in the event a claim was contested. Also, the financial backing of the EW company is critical. The two I was considering were backed by Mercury Insurance and another large insurance company, meaning that the likelyhood of a known and large insurance company going out of business was very slim.

CA is great that there are tougher regulations and licensing reuired, but because of that there are very few companies willing to jump through the proper hoops to be able to sell their products here.

My credit union has a plan also that would be good, but I want comparitive options, as there is huge markup and using one to lower the price of the other is always good.

The companies I was considering but don't work in CA yet are:
http://www.warranties4wheels.com/
http://www.autowarrantybroker.com/
http://www.warrantydirect.com/

If anyone has other recommendations in CA, please let me know. Sorry for the rambling, disjointed posting, but thought some might find this information helpful
Old 05-22-2007, 04:16 AM
jayfunk
Advanced

thanks for the info
Old 05-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Molly
Instructor

WarrantyDirect does not cover 996 anymore. They used to but no longer. Also, for Boxsters, they only offer the full coverage and not the less expensive driveline only coverage that they sell for other cars, which sucks because that would be a nice option it seems. This info is direct from them - I have spoken at length with them about it on the phone. Maybe even the insurance company is scared of the p-motors!
Old 05-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

My 996 C4S warranty direct warranty arrived in the mail yesterday. I bought the major coverage online ?????

Quick Reply: Just picked up my C4S and want a warranty