Sponsored by:

weird problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 10:05 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default weird problem

Yesterday I noticed something "weird" about my car and I don't even know where to begin looking.

When I am shifting from 1st to 2nd gear, the car kind of seems to "hold itself" as if the brakes were applied slightly for about 1/2 a second...not really a hesitation or "lack" of power...but as if the car was being held...not quite engine cut off...just a slight "someone is braking for me feel" for about 1/2 a second...then it is gone and the car pulls fine...it does it also from 2nd to 3rd and from 3rd to 4th...ONLY if I shift below 3,500 rpms or so....if I revv the car past 5,000 rpms then I cannot even begin to notice it....not sure if it is there but I probably can't tell as I have already built enough speed.

Has anyone ever encountered a problem of this nature? The only thing that I have done to the car recently (about 300 miles) was have the shop replace the brakes all around. Then about 100 miles ago I removed the "clutch assist spring" but I doubt this last one has anything to do with this.

Is there some sort of "throttle positioning sensor" that I could have bumped or done something too while messing by the "pedals" section when removing the spring assembly? Where do I begin?

Thanks!!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:21 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

The pedal postioner is around the area of the booster spring you took out. Follow the cable from the gas pedal routing under the knee protection area, check the for anything out of place...

or maybe you have bad gas?
Old 04-19-2007, 10:30 PM
BlackCab996
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by redridge
The pedal postioner is around the area of the booster spring you took out. Follow the cable from the gas pedal routing under the knee protection area, check the for anything out of place...

I have bad gas, but it doesn't affect my car.

Sorry...couldn't resist.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:41 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

I just filled up with gas yesterday and the problem is still there....I will check that area you are refering to...what does the "pedal positioner look like?
Old 04-19-2007, 10:44 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

just follow the cable from the gas pedal, that will lead you to a box of some sort
Old 04-19-2007, 10:58 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

ok...so the only thing that I saw that "could" be out of wack was the following.

This "tit"...let's just call it that...or, let's call it a sensor...when the clutch is in the rest position, the clutch is barely touching this sensor. But that "tit" is adjustable on 3 or 4 settings...and if I have it on the setting furthest away from the clutch, it will not touch the clutch pedal...

What does this sensor do and what is the function of it? Do I want it "touching the clutch" or do I want it NOT making contact?

Thanks again!!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:02 PM
redridge
Nordschleife Master

that is the CC limit switch, when the clutch is depressed the CC will be disengaged, pull it all the way and let the tit adjust it to the right limit

what are you trying to do? Oh your the Op my bad
Old 04-19-2007, 11:08 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

that is the CC limit switch, when the clutch is depressed the CC will be disengaged, pull it all the way and let the tit adjust it to the right limit

what are you trying to do? Oh your the Op my bad
BINGO!!! I took the car with a spin and with the clutch making contact against it the problem is gone! Holy macks! I did not realize how much power that thing can rob from the car?

OK...so sorry for the ignorance, but what does the CC stand for? If I reach with my foot under the pedal and lift it then it pushes the "tit" further in thus not making contact...I mean, I know I should not be doing that anyway...but, is there a way to adjust that clutch pedal so it doesn't move from that "end position"...? Or is that just the way it is supposed to be?

Thanks again!
Old 04-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Kolshak
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CC = cruise control
Old 04-20-2007, 12:16 AM
TAILWAG
Racer

Originally Posted by Kolshak
CC = cruise control
oh.....that is so weird though....no idea how that was robbin' power upon shifting...I am sure it has some sort of other function also because it was REALLY affecting power for about 1/2 second after shifting...??

Quick Reply: weird problem