Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 136 Likes on 72 Posts

PA - no plate.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:27 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

FL plates....don't need them. NY plates....do need them. Guess where my car is registered?

Incidentally, a dealer swapped off my nice looking plate frame and put on their 'decorative' rear plate frame advertising the shop. Sure as hell, when I went to put my nice chrome one back on, the top left corner screw hole is stripped. Off to the hardware store to find a slightly larger screw. Ugh. Why do dealers persist in doing this?!
Old 04-20-2007, 08:53 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by nycebo
FL plates....don't need them. NY plates....do need them. Guess where my car is registered?

Incidentally, a dealer swapped off my nice looking plate frame and put on their 'decorative' rear plate frame advertising the shop. Sure as hell, when I went to put my nice chrome one back on, the top left corner screw hole is stripped. Off to the hardware store to find a slightly larger screw. Ugh. Why do dealers persist in doing this?!
Because it is free advertising! I hate that ****!

If and when I buy my next new car, I am going to tell them they will have to pay me an advertising fee of $100 per month for each dealer logo, emblem or insignia on my car. That should ensure that my car will be as Porsche intended...... naked!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:04 AM
wdonovan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NJ (with NYPD shoulder patch on dashboard and gold PBA badge in wallet). I typically run plateless (in front) until the first suggestion by local or state police. Sometimes it takes a year or more.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:12 AM
rleeq
Racer

Originally Posted by michael.s.under
Actually Ive done quite of bit of research on aerodyamics, physics and quantitative mathematical vacuum analysis. If you in fact drive the car "correctly" the air pressure from the vaccuum created by airflow over, under and around the bumpers of said vehicle should hold the plate in place if 107.6 pounds of inertia is maintained or the equivelant of 69.331 kmh.
I knew that!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:54 AM
rleeq
Racer

Louisiana and Mississippi no front plate required.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 136 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by nycebo

First time they did that to me I'd chew out the service manager and instruct them that if they wanted to continue to have my business, then they should cease defacing my property. It's that sample.

Quick Reply: License plate screws - silly question?