Sponsored by:

Daily Driver recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 10:55 PM
su20
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, TJ, a few more random thoughts...

I wouldn't recommend one over the other unless I knew you better, so take the following quiz:

Are you more interested in how you feel driving the car than how you look in the car?
Do you know which model gave Porsche its first overall win at Le Mans?
At a cocktail party, are you reluctant to tell a stranger what kind of car you drive?
Can you name the car that James Dean raced successfully and drove unsuccessfully?
Do you NOT have slicked back black hair?

if you answered "yes" to all these questions, you should buy the Porsche.

otherwise, I can't help you.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:28 AM
itorque
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianImage
my 01 996 cab is my DD...

I LOVE IT! but yes maintenance is kinda crazy. I just had to replace my expansion tank and now my windshield has a crack in it. Ugh...sooo...

but I driving that thing is great!

here is another solution...get the 996 cab...and forget the DD...buy a beater. I mean a $1000 Civic from the mid 90s. Alternate that and the 996 and you are golden. That is exactly what I am doing now...looking for a POS car so I can sit in traffic all day, never wash it...just change the oil and drive the hell out of it...and on those "special" occasions and weekends...bring out my beast! Food for thought thats all...and an extra beater is always handy to have around.
+1
Im with you. I have an expedition with 135,000 miles that I wash once a year. I could care less when my three boys each spill a 32 oz slurpee on the seats. I change the oil, drive it like a school bus, do home depot runs, and then put it away from Friday night to Monday morning. I absoltely love weekends because I have my 996 waiting for me. My kids also love it and I can take all three of them on drives. My 9 year old will say, in the middle of the day on Saturday "Dad, lets go for a ride in the Porsche". what a great car...
Old 04-18-2007, 12:35 PM
silverstutt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by td873
Why are you turning your head so much while driving so as to result in either "over use" or "wear-and-tear"? I don't do that, and wouldn't confess to, nor warn others about doing so.

-td
The problem is:

1) when you go to the supermarket and you park your car, you will not be able to walk all the way to the front door without turning your head to take one more look at the amazing 911 lines... you'll be thinking:" wow, that's my car" on the average you'll be doing that 3-4 times before you reach the entrance.

2) When you park your car at work you'll do the same.

3) When you go to a restaurant you'll do the same, especially since you'll be parking it yourself across the street and you'll be glancing at it 'til your neck is sore.

4) When you go to a strip club, just before enterering you wish you could admire the sexy lines of your 911 one more time. And when you get out you'll see your car and forget everything you've seen inside and realize that was a complete waste of money. (I don't go to strip clubs.)

5) When you go by a building with mirrored glass... "Wow that's me!"

Believe me your neck will get the work out.

Enjoy!

Quick Reply: Daily Driver recommendation