Sponsored by:

Lowering 2.5-3 inches??

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:30 PM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JimB
Cosmos, I've been racing a black 996 with simple grey graphics for four years. I wanted my cup car to stand out a bit on the track. The 996 cup looks good with big swooshes and swoops but every version of those has already been done so I thought I would do something a little different. I had help from my GF who did the graphic design for a couple of CART cars and a friend that restores and builds rods and other customs. The goal was to look a little wild but with very clean lines and colors. Remember with a race car it’s how it looks from 100 yards away at 140 mph. And in your mirror.
Ok, I can understand what you're saying.

It's just that it's the first time I'm seeing a 911 in flames, and right away I'm thinking HUH? Kinda associate it with Camaros, Mustangs and trucks...you know what I mean? Sorry, no offence intended.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:40 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosC4S
Ok, I can understand what you're saying.

It's just that it's the first time I'm seeing a 911 in flames, and right away I'm thinking HUH? Kinda associate it with Camaros, Mustangs and trucks...you know what I mean? Sorry, no offence intended.
No problem. Your reaction is a little like mine when I see street 996s with RSR wings, etc. WTF is that idiot doing! Only this time I'd the idiot.
Jim
Old 04-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You've got something against lowriders? All I'm missing are the dingle ***** in the back window.
When is your first race? When is your first televised race?

I'd like to watch!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:45 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

You've got something against lowriders? All I'm missing are the dingle ***** in the back window.
We can send you some if you like! Whoud you prefer red on white, or white on red?

BTW - I like the paint design on your Cup Car!
Old 04-12-2007, 01:43 AM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
When is your first race? When is your first televised race?

I'd like to watch!!!
No TV. PCA doesn't allow it. You'll have to come to Road America on Labor Day though.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

No TV. PCA doesn't allow it. You'll have to come to Road America on Labor Day though.
I will be at RA (TRAC)!!

Are you only participating in Club Racing? Any other events?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:21 AM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ray,
We've always done the racecar drive into town and dinner on Saturday night. What could be better than having a couple beers, driving your racecar on country roads at a high rate of speed, having a great dinner and a few more beers and blasting back to the track in the dark. All with the blessing of the local police.

Actually it's one of the best club racing activities of the year. We'll have to meet up for a beer.
Jim
Old 04-12-2007, 11:27 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
I will be at RA (TRAC)!!

Are you only participating in Club Racing? Any other events?
Ray - I sent you a PM on 4/7. Did you get the item I referenced in the PM? Please PM me back so I know one way or the other. Thanks!
Old 04-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

We'll have to meet up for a beer.
I'd like that. I'll send you a PM later in the year before the race
Old 04-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gota911
Ray - I sent you a PM on 4/7. Did you get the item I referenced in the PM? Please PM me back so I know one way or the other. Thanks!
Tim, I just opened your PM (Sorry I missed it). I sent you a note back. Thanks for the reminder!!
Old 04-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do the PSS9s allow you to get zero to 1 finger gap from top of tire to fender?

I know that have a range that they recommend.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

Cosmos, I've been racing a black 996 with simple grey graphics for four years. I wanted my cup car to stand out a bit on the track. The 996 cup looks good with big swooshes and swoops but every version of those has already been done so I thought I would do something a little different. I had help from my GF who did the graphic design for a couple of CART cars and a friend that restores and builds rods and other customs. The goal was to look a little wild but with very clean lines and colors. Remember with a race car it’s how it looks from 100 yards away at 140 mph. And in your mirror.
I agree. Few years ago, I saw this 996 which I thought back then was so cool with it's unique paint scheme and graphics.
Attached Images   
Old 04-16-2007, 07:25 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera Mike
I agree. Few years ago, I saw this 996 which I thought back then was so cool with it's unique paint scheme and graphics.
That car was for sale this winter. I called but it was already sold. Then I raced against it at Sebring. I'm pretty sure it was the car I was passing when I spun in turn one. It is a very good looking car.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:18 AM
su20
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silverstutt
I agree, I have a protective plate in the back under the engine... I hit quite a few times... Also I'm grating the front bumper a lot in-out of driveway and especially in the canyons on sharp hairpin downhill turns, even though I do have a steel protective plate under the bumper, but it doesn't reach all the way to the corners... so... cheesegrater!

I'm having fun.
Mind if I ask what the specs are on your protective plates? and do you have any pics? Mine (JIC Cross) is riding at about 25 1/4", and I'd like to protect the engine for sure...
Old 04-17-2007, 12:47 PM
silverstutt
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by su20
Mind if I ask what the specs are on your protective plates? and do you have any pics? Mine (JIC Cross) is riding at about 25 1/4", and I'd like to protect the engine for sure...
Absolutely, I'll check later and take a pics...
This might take a bit more than a day, was all week at the Long Beach Grand Prix (I'm directing a documentary for Bridgestone, yeah... what a job!) and came back to my office after 3 weeks off with so much to do, my head sounds like a supercharger in a Fiat 500...(high pitch mosquito-like sound)

Ciao
V2

Quick Reply: Lowering 2.5-3 inches??