Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Pic request: Rear Facing infant seat (<30lbs) fitted in the back seats of a 996 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
What you've said is absolutely correct. My point is that seats that do not have deactivation should never be used in the front.
Thanks and I agree. However, my point was the manual does NOT seem to recommend mounting rearward facing seats in the rear seats, which is what this thread is about.

I understand you could mount rearward facing seats in the rear seats securely and everything will probably be OK but I was just thinking if this is against Porsche recommendations. And if so, why Porsche does not recommend it.

- Ahsai
Old 03-28-2007, 09:36 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahsai
Thanks and I agree. However, my point was the manual does NOT seem to recommend mounting rearward facing seats in the rear seats, which is what this thread is about.

I understand you could mount rearward facing seats in the rear seats securely and everything will probably be OK but I was just thinking if this is against Porsche recommendations. And if so, why Porsche does not recommend it.

- Ahsai
because the sell seats that fit in the front?
Old 03-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Wellardmac
because the sell seats that fit in the front?
Um...I dunno. They sell forward facing seats too but they don't advertise that in the user manual. Also, if they wanted to, they could easily design a rearward facing seat for the rear and still make the passenger seat usable, which is much more desirable.

- Ahsai
Old 03-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Porsche is renowned for some amazing engineering, but also some boneheaded decisions. Why the do some things and not others is sometimes a mystery.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats.... i think i am going to be looking for one as well...... just found out there's a little one in the oven...... around 5 days now...... my first...... i don't care if it's a guy or girl.... whoever it's going to be, it's going to love porsche.......
Old 03-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Porsche_Smile
congrats.... i think i am going to be looking for one as well...... just found out there's a little one in the oven...... around 5 days now...... my first...... i don't care if it's a guy or girl.... whoever it's going to be, it's going to love porsche.......

Congrats.

...you have no clue what's coming and how much your life will change... enjoy your last few months of ignorant bliss.... followed by very many sleep deprived nights.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My contribution to the kids in Pcars thread... when they get a little bigger here are your next 2 steps.. 1st into the Recaro Young Sport (drivers side) and then Britax StarRiser booster or similarly sized as others have found. My complete rear seats are in place even the lower cushion.

Quick Reply: Pic request: Rear Facing infant seat (<30lbs) fitted in the back seats of a 996 Coupe