Air bag light---

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pl
sorry guys...

RennTech.org will be offline for about 30 minutes for service maintenance.
Thank you for your patience!
What!
I don't think so. RennTech.org has not been "offline for maintenance" for a over a year.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:10 AM
Sids911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sids911
Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
UPDATE 2003:
New buckles come as part of an update kit that involves replacement of both buckles and a wire harness modification to individualize the ground signal to both buckles. The new buckles must have a "D" or greater in the part number. The repair takes about two hours and is normally covered by Porsche on all vehicles in or out of warranty
Eric, when you mentioned "covered by Porsche" do you mean the dealer does that service for free? I've got a '99 996 and just got the airbag light yesterday; started reading all about this since then.

Can't believe how much annoyance a single light can cause ...
Any luck guys? I was hoping to hear back from you'll before I head out to the dealership this weekend ... would very much appreciate! Wouldn't want to shell out $$$ for a TSB covered by Porsche for free.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is no way they are going to cover an almost 9 year old car under warranty.
You can try and maybe get a discount on parts or labor but I don't think any dealer is going to pay out of their pocket on a car that old.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:11 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Sids911
Any luck guys? I was hoping to hear back from you'll before I head out to the dealership this weekend ... would very much appreciate! Wouldn't want to shell out $$$ for a TSB covered by Porsche for free.
My airbag light was due to something in the steering wheel (switch in/near the clockspring?). I wasn't lucky enough to get a seatbelt latch fault

BTW, new seatbelt connectors are $50 each from Sunset.

-td

Quick Reply: Air bag light---