Sponsored by:

Jealous people... Gr.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 02:34 PM
lude
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jealous people... Gr.

For the 2nd time in a month some @#$@ has done something inappropriate to my car.

I parked it behind my office on a Sunday while I was getting some work done, and someone throw a piece of cardboard soaked in what I can only assume to be soda or fruit juice.

Two weeks later, Some moron let ALL the air of my back left tire.

Do you guys find people doing this to your cars as well?
Old 03-13-2007, 02:36 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not yet but I assume it's coming.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Nine9Sixer
Pro

that's not normal, especially for the nyc metro area. perhaps you are doing something to invite this?
Old 03-13-2007, 02:39 PM
lude
Intermediate

I doubt it. At home it's in a garage, if and when I bring it to the office, it's parked behind the building in a private alley. People have to go out of their way to do this sort of thing.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:52 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lude
For the 2nd time in a month some @#$@ has done something inappropriate to my car.

I parked it behind my office on a Sunday while I was getting some work done, and someone throw a piece of cardboard soaked in what I can only assume to be soda or fruit juice.

Well, I bet it's someone local - these idiots are lazy as well as stupid, so they wouldn't be traveling far to mess with your ride.

Probably kids - I'd recommend doing some surveillance to catch them

I bet they'll try again seeing as they've struck twice already.

Either stake it out yourself, or get a webcam on it if you can see the car from some point in your building.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:54 PM
newport996
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have not had any issues with my car.....luckily, but in socal...Porsches are like Honda Accords....
Old 03-13-2007, 02:55 PM
wrljet
Racer

Originally Posted by lude

I had one flat that I think was sabotage.

But I get lots of snide comments about "being rich", which I am not.

Bill
Old 03-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Nine9Sixer
Pro

Originally Posted by newport996
Have not had any issues with my car.....luckily, but in socal...Porsches are like Honda Accords....
right, lude's in the nyc metro area (at least hoboken is), where porsches similarly aren't rare. anyway, knock on wood, i think that's not normal for someone to affirmatively go out of their way to do that.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:17 PM
pl
Drifting

that's all they did? Hoboken people are very civilized.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:29 PM
jacksonking
Racer

No problems with the 996 yet, but 2 cars ago I had a Jaguar Vandenplas (long wheel base with tray tables in the back...looked like my dad's oldsmobuick, but from England.) I live in Tampa and had a stolen hood ornament, smashed back windshield, and keyed -- all withing 13 months. All while parked in front of my house on weekend nights. Miraculously the cops caught them once and it was vandal kids indiscriminantly running through the neighborhood with a crowbar. My neighborhood is upper middle class. Fortunately we moved in April and now have a real garage. Hence, I bought a 996 and it lives inside. I actually took the events too personally! I hope you don't. I'm sure it's not. JK
Old 03-13-2007, 03:42 PM
rroobbcc
Racer

Originally Posted by wrljet
But I get lots of snide comments about "being rich", which I am not.
I have always tended to think the same, but I guess it really depends on your perspective of "rich". Statistically the bulk of us Porsche owners (the newer, i.e. more expensive, Porsches anyway) are in the top 5% of annual income, which means 95% of people out there probably consider us all "rich". Which is also why you incite different behaviour from others when in the P-car.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

sorry to hear about ur car troubles...i can't say i've had any up here tho.

Most people in toronto usually send a compliment my way or just ignore it..then again when i'm walkin around i look like an angry brown guy so they mite be afraid i'll do something horrible to them if i get angry (think incredible hulk with a sexy tan).
Old 03-13-2007, 04:21 PM
wrljet
Racer

Originally Posted by rroobbcc
I have always tended to think the same, but I guess it really depends on your perspective of "rich". Statistically the bulk of us Porsche owners (the newer, i.e. more expensive, Porsches anyway) are in the top 5% of annual income, which means 95% of people out there probably consider us all "rich". Which is also why you incite different behaviour from others when in the P-car.
I get this from people at work, who are all paid give-or-take the same as me.

They choose to spend their dough differently (perhaps more normally) than I do,
and I have very low expenses. So, yes, I am richer. My lifestyle is by design on my part, and their's is their choice.

Bill
Old 03-13-2007, 04:26 PM
DanDotDan
Pro

It's never been a problem in Delaware. I had a BMW M Roadster for six years, then a C4S for two years. Never got anything but compliments and thumbs up. One old fart gave my wife and me a jealous glare then declared "You think your pretty sporty in that car!" That's still a catch line in our household.

Even the members of the disadvantaged Latino community seem to respect the car, especially when I tell them that the Porsche is my daily driver.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:30 PM
pchak
Pro

I agree w/wrljet . Buying the best higher mileage example available lets me keep up w/my pastime, without breaking the bank. I find this amusing, when I go to one of our plants, and get some ribbing. Of course, it's easy to come back at 'em when I'm parking next to their $45K Silverado 4x4 crew cab! +

Most everyone that I know in PCA is not wealthy- then again, just because you're active in PCA doesn't make you a statistical representation of the p-car ownership (all those folks who drive their "bling" "poorsh" and never wave, never flash their headlights, etc. don't join, unless the dealer buys them their membership).

Quick Reply: Jealous people... Gr.