Sponsored by:

Just got back from winter driving school

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 06:11 PM
CT03911
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got back from winter driving school

Went to this place Fri nite to drive Saturday.

http://www.team-oneil.com/school.safety.htm

Fantastic time. Took my 17 year old daughter who has had her license two months. She had not had a chance to drive on snow or ice yet courtesy of our Connecticut weather so far. Nice of Mother Nature to delay the first big storm until after her school!!

Skid pad, slalom and braking course and a small road course to put it all together. 22 students and 12 instructors, plenty of seat time and lots of different instructors which, having been one (in aircraft only) since 1978, I feel was a benefit.

Everyone had a blast, low risk but not damage free for some. We shared our WRX and brought it home VERY dirty but ding free with two big smiles.

This should be madatory for new drivers that's how important I feel it is and how beneficial it really was. Trust me, there were many adults there that needed this and more but hey, everyone that went learned plenty. Good times for all ages and skill sets. Do your kid a favor and take them if possible. Well worth it. Summer road course is next but gotta wait until she's 18!! :-)
Old 02-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks like fun, did you use own vehicle or theirs?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:22 PM
CT03911
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We used our own, a Subaru WRX. Went as part of an Audi club (I used to own an S4), a bring your own car deal.

Quick Reply: Just got back from winter driving school