996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

License Plate Frame... YOUR VOTES PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 07:36 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Nothing on the front, on the rear, you should advertise for your favorite P-dealer, such as Park Place or Isringhausen.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I really like a plain, black polished or satin finish frame which doesn't detract from the look of the car. Can't remember where I got it, but it's a stainless steel plate frame.
Attached Images  
Old 02-10-2007, 07:44 PM
michael.s.under
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a chrome with Carrera in script.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

I put my new Rennlist frame on today, looks sweeeeet. Of course I had it dipped in platinum for the bling factor first...
Old 02-10-2007, 09:09 PM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

Go for the PORSCHE in chrome. #3

I'm using brushed silver PORSCHE on Black frame

Old 02-10-2007, 09:40 PM
evansaero
Pro

Originally Posted by Phil G.
I really like a plain, black polished or satin finish frame which doesn't detract from the look of the car. Can't remember where I got it, but it's a stainless steel plate frame.
2nd that...

I have the same.

I don't really like the writing on the frames

I think blk would look real nice on your color. Go Matte Blk
Old 02-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

So like a tree falling in a forest, if noone sees it, then does it exist?

Old 02-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by oreganet
So like a tree falling in a forest, if noone sees it, then does it exist?

You are relentless!!
Old 02-10-2007, 10:29 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Phil - I know that I have seen a lot of pics of the 996 C4S rear end, but this is the first time I have noticed the chrome around the edge of the exhaust opening in the bumper. I also noticed it on the pic that Cosmos posted. Just curious, is that a stock item? My '04 C2 does not have that.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

You are relentless!!

I try!

Hey, I'm looking forward to the weather clearing so that I can put the car back on the road in a few weeks. This week has been brutal.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:41 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I try!

Hey, I'm looking forward to the weather clearing so that I can put the car back on the road in a few weeks. This week has been brutal.
Speaking about not driving your P-car in the winter, you never did tell us how you got your car from the dealer to your house a couple of weeks ago when all of the snow/salt was on the roads. Did you have it "flat-bedded" home?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:44 PM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by gota911
Phil - I know that I have seen a lot of pics of the 996 C4S rear end, but this is the first time I have noticed the chrome around the edge of the exhaust opening in the bumper. I also noticed it on the pic that Cosmos posted. Just curious, is that a stock item? My '04 C2 does not have that.
That is stock, and I think it's the heat shields.
I remember seeing them once when the car was lifted up...I could be wrong.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by gota911
Speaking about not driving your P-car in the winter, you never did tell us how you got your car from the dealer to your house a couple of weeks ago when all of the snow/salt was on the roads. Did you have it "flat-bedded" home?
I'm impressed you remember.

No, I was very lucky. The day I had to take it in I was lucky enough that we had only light salt on the roads and the roads were dry (did make an effort to avoid the heavily salted roads - it helps that I live only a couple of miles from my dealer).

On the day I had to bring the car home it was a close call... it was right after snowfall and they overcompensated for the lack of salt during the icestorm a few days earlier by putting tons of salt on the the roads. The roads were wet and snowy in the morning, but thankfully the roads dried out during the day and I was able to get the car home without any major salt exposure. I thought I was going to end up with a salted car, but got lucky.

The dealer said that they had a very large number of cancellations because of the weather - pretty funny. I know I'm a freak when it comes to my car, but after waiting a month for the appointment I wasn't going to let a little bit of salt get between me and the final bit of my aero kit being installed.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:47 AM
VGM911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Frameless.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

I'm impressed you remember.

No, I was very lucky. The day I had to take it in I was lucky enough that we had only light salt on the roads and the roads were dry (did make an effort to avoid the heavily salted roads - it helps that I live only a couple of miles from my dealer).

On the day I had to bring the car home it was a close call... it was right after snowfall and they overcompensated for the lack of salt during the icestorm a few days earlier by putting tons of salt on the the roads. The roads were wet and snowy in the morning, but thankfully the roads dried out during the day and I was able to get the car home without any major salt exposure. I thought I was going to end up with a salted car, but got lucky.

The dealer said that they had a very large number of cancellations because of the weather - pretty funny. I know I'm a freak when it comes to my car, but after waiting a month for the appointment I wasn't going to let a little bit of salt get between me and the final bit of my aero kit being installed.
Do you service your car with Holbert's? How has your luck been with them - I've used them and Brandywine. I like BW all around, but their damn driveway is so steeply raked, it's almost impossible to get my car to their service area without scraping my front valence - I have one of their folks come out and guide me in.

As to whether my plate frame exists, the answer is yes - to the best of my knowledge. At least it did when I last saw it a month ago before I put the car away under its cover.

Quick Reply: License Plate Frame... YOUR VOTES PLEASE