Sponsored by:

'02 C4S Purchase Advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 01:30 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BReyes
I think you have made a good decision. The issue may be mute, but no records is disconcerning. I had Jack in Norcross do a PPI for many years ago and taught me it is important to know when to walk away.

Regards,
Disconcerting/Moot Sorry, couldn't help myself
Old 02-10-2007, 02:18 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm, a gouge on bumper cover? any owner would just get it fixed out of pocket instead of going thru insurance. it's maybe $1500 tops to replace bumper cover. I think there is more to this. The fact is, this car will always have a story. I'd not want that if you ever plan on selling it.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:41 AM
fbeyer56
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I notice that Hennessy and Jim Ellis both have C4S' for sale. Has anyone had a good or bad experience with either one they could share? Thanks
Old 02-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Kevin H. in Atl..
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a Boxster which I had serviced at Ellis prior to Hennessy's existence. Great service, including a surprising amount of goodwill on my out of warranty Boxster.

When Hennessy opened, they hired my fave Service Advisor as Service Manager, so I followed him to Hennessey for service work.

I shopped both stores when looking for my current CPO Cab. I took Chief Plug Guy's recommendation of a salesman at Hennessey and eventually wound up buying from him. I did not get one of the better salesmen at Ellis. I got one who has recently been bounced back and forth between the dealerships. Unfortunately the salesman I bought from at Hennessey has left the auto biz. However, there are several that have been there for some time.

I have been back to Ellis service about a couple of minor things such as wiper washers, and I still prefer Hennessey. I would (and probably will for another CPO) go back to Hennessey for purchase as well.

Also, Ellis' pricing on CPO cars is insane. I asked a salesman about that one day, and he replied, "Well, it's like the old saying, 'There's an *** for every seat' ".

Good luck,
and keep us posted.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Tippy
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jury_ca
Ask for pics of the damage.
I agree, that would be best

Quick Reply: '02 C4S Purchase Advice