Sponsored by:

Sirius Stiletto - Decent Reception

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 02:00 PM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Sirius Stiletto - Decent Reception

Anyone using this in their 996... It is a portable device, no need to attach external antenna. Thinking of getting it and using with an FM modulator... Does anyone know how good the satellite reception is without external antenna?

Thanks, Ross
Old 02-05-2007, 05:20 PM
screameleons
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you get a car-kit you have to use the antenna it comes with. Otherwise it will have an error message saying that antenna was not detected.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:42 PM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts

it has a built in antenna...
Old 02-05-2007, 06:58 PM
NNH
Burning Brakes

FM modulator depends on where you plan to use it. Here in SoCal, it's hard to find an empty channel, especially towards San Diego where you get a lot of interference from Mexican stations. I guess NYC might have similar issues.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:00 PM
mrcook02996
Advanced

I just picked one up a couple of days ago. I haven't had a chance to install it in the 996 yet, but, from just walking around the house (without the headphone antenna) I have quite a few drop outs. If the unit is steady it has a weak signal...with the indoor antenna its great. Once you put it into the car dock I think you will have to use the car antenna to get it to work. Without the dock you might get a signal but don't be surprised if it drops out a lot especially if there a lot of trees or tall buildings.

You can just put the car antenna in the windshield, or under the wiper cowling if you dont want to place it on the roof. It works fairly good there for me with only occasional drops.
Some people report that they have just placed the headphones with the antenna in the windshield and it worked good.
Hope this helps.

PS: If you use ebay, they have a decent deal that has the stiletto and both home and car docks along with the $70 rebate.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:44 PM
screameleons
Instructor

I know its built in, but what I'm sayin is that if you install the car kit and you put the stiletto in it, it disables the built-in antenna and displays an error that the antenna is not detected.

You could drive around with the stiletto on your dashboard using batter power, but you will not get as good of a signal doing it the other way.

Quick Reply: Sirius Stiletto - Decent Reception