Alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 08:10 AM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Alarm problem

Hi gentlemen,

I'm currently a user of the 993 forum, but a I would like to ask you an alarm related question on the 996. A colleague bought a 996 C2 from 2002...(not sure of the year tough) and while discussing with him in front of the "coffee machine", he explained me the following:

When, after a drive, he leaves the car in his garage and turns the alarm on, after a while, when the car is cooler, the alarm goes on. And this never happens if he turns the alarm on when the engine is cold...

A few searches didn't bring the light. Any idea of what it could be?

Thanks.

Last edited by Toga; 01-26-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Oscypek
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got the same problem not sure what it is...... i thought it was because i haad an aftermarkt headunit but im not sure
Old 01-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

No idea... i hope i dont' have that problem..... i just get a beep when i turn my alarm on after a new head unit was installed..... but i like it... this way i don't have to keep coming back and check whether or not my car is armed.....
Old 01-26-2007, 05:05 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beep usually means that either a door, hood, trunk, center storage or glove box isn't shut properly.

Go check them all and I bet you can stop the beep!

Alarm triggering with a hot car - is there a voltage drop issue perhaps, if the cooling fan trips with a stationary but hot engine after the alarm is armed?

Shouldn't do it - but I'm trying to think what might happen on a hot car some time after it's parked-up and alarmed.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar recurring problem with my alarm in the 03 Boxster, took it to dealer several times. It went off in middle of the night a couple times, and sometimes would beep when alarm engaged although all doors, compartment were closed. They had a TSB regarding my model year alarm issued, which they fixed, but I also had a bad sensor on the glove compartment that they finally found a year and a half later... My Boxster also had a bad head unit for the CDR23, electrical problems were the only problems with the car so far.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:35 AM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for your answers! Concerning trunk doors etc, as the problem happened several time and is still, I'll confirm with him, but I would assume everything is well closed each time. May be a TSB exists for my friend's car model... We'll check that.
Cheers
Old 01-28-2007, 05:23 AM
Dice996C4
Cruisin'

Had the same problem before on my C4.. Problem was diagnosed to be faulty switch on the center console lid. After the change, problem went away.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:25 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by galeriehughie
I had a similar recurring problem with my alarm in the 03 Boxster, took it to dealer several times. It went off in middle of the night a couple times, and sometimes would beep when alarm engaged although all doors, compartment were closed. They had a TSB regarding my model year alarm issued, which they fixed, but I also had a bad sensor on the glove compartment that they finally found a year and a half later... My Boxster also had a bad head unit for the CDR23, electrical problems were the only problems with the car so far.
IMO, there is no such thing as "bad head"

Quick Reply: Alarm problem