Sponsored by:

offset/fitment

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 07:42 PM
delirium
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Totally forgot about that. The iForged wheels are the ones that "Dan at Vivid" (and others) was selling and several people bought them. I actually got several PM's from members (names I am not giving out) that were pissed that Dan "promised" they were the correct size saying that others commented the offsets were "wrong" when in fact they are not even close. Those offsets would be better suited on a C4S/TT.

I guess offset is a personal thing when you deviate from the rec'd factory range but when you have suspension compression and you hear the fender cut the tire then you understand you have the wrong size.
That sounds really scary!! my fenders have not rubbed the tire yet, as my car is not lowered, but I dont plan to lower the rear that much, maybe 1/2". I got recommendations from 2 reputable shops in my area that said they can shave a couple of mm from the hub of the wheel in order to gain a little bit of clearance, has anyone done this b4? I heard that many people have, but not on this forum.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:47 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Do NOT shave the wheel. Personally, taking away the very thing that holds the structural integrity of the wheel is a chance that is not worth it IMHO. Getting it shaved PERFECTLY requires some serious equipment to make sure that you wheel rotates in balance. Not even worth the chance IMHO.

Sure, some race teams might do it, etc, etc, etc, but that is to decrease weight and it is NOT done at the hub and they also don't keep those rims on the car for the long haul.

If anything, I would roll the fenders before I shaved the rim.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
If anything, I would roll the fenders before I shaved the rim.
I agree w/Dell on this one. I'd roll the fenders or buy new wheels before I "shaved" the wheels.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:38 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I really HATE it when this happens, but I also agree with Dell that you should NOT "shave" the wheels.

Besides, every guy knows that "shaving" should be limited to Pussies... not wheels!
Old 01-20-2007, 01:13 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
I really HATE it when this happens, but I also agree with Dell that you should NOT "shave" the wheels.

Besides, every guy knows that "shaving" should be limited to Pussies... not wheels!
OMG!
Old 01-20-2007, 01:45 PM
delirium
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, im not gonna let them shave my wheels, thanks 4 the advice guys!

Quick Reply: offset/fitment