recommended places for tires in Southern Ca

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:59 AM
996 C4S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recommended places for tires in Southern Ca

Hello guys

My C4S is due for two new rear tires Conti Contact 2 295/30/18. I was thinking of Tirerack ordering online?? However I am in Orange County Southern CA and maybe you guys in the area have better suggestions!!!

thanks
Old 01-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Paul Marangoni
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggest Wheel Enhancement in Culver City. Bit of a drive for you, but unsurpassed service.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:27 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Use Discount Tire in Encinitas myself - very careful with the rims - good prices

Had them come out with a mobile service last time, and they fitted two P Zero Rossos on the driveway at home.

Impressive set-up in the truck, and again, you could spend time with the guys doing the work, and ensure that they were looking after your rims.

Can't see the mobile service on the website at this point - so worth asking at your local branch in OC.

Discount Tire
Old 01-15-2007, 01:33 PM
BlackCab996
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cdodkin
Use Discount Tire in Encinitas myself - very careful with the rims - good prices

Had them come out with a mobile service last time, and they fitted two P Zero Rossos on the driveway at home.

Impressive set-up in the truck, and again, you could spend time with the guys doing the work, and ensure that they were looking after your rims.

Can't see the mobile service on the website at this point - so worth asking at your local branch in OC.

Discount Tire
Wow - that's a pretty cool service - I assume they have something on the truck to balance the wheels?
Old 01-15-2007, 01:43 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackCab996
Wow - that's a pretty cool service - I assume they have something on the truck to balance the wheels?
Yep, they had the same equipment as the shop - nice set-up.

I had a shredded tire at the time, so driving to the local store was not possible.

I'm sure it was listed as an option on their website, but I can't find it today.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:13 PM
slaaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

America's Tire Company, also known as Discount Tire Company outside the LA area, has excellent tire prices, fast service, and great subsequent service such as free flat repairs, rotation, and re-balancing. If you bring in a printout showing Tire Rack's price, they will match it with shipping charges.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:34 PM
805 Kevin
AutoX

America's Tire Company, also known as Discount Tire Company outside the LA area, has excellent tire prices, fast service, and great subsequent service such as free flat repairs, rotation, and re-balancing. If you bring in a printout showing Tire Rack's price, they will match it with shipping charges.
+1 -- They did it for some SSR GT3s and new tires I put on my M3 a couple years ago...
Old 01-15-2007, 08:51 PM
TamiyaGuy
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 44 Posts

I've gone to Discount Tire myself, most sites use the latest Hunter force balancing equipment. The only downside is that their extra care took a very long time. Swapping out two rear tires took almost two hours. In contrast, I saw them swap tires on a Malibu Classic like they stole it. Four tires mounted and balanced in under 20 minutes. It was insane how fast they moved!

The guy working on my car just kept mumbling "these wide wheels are a bitch and half...". No scratches though and no worries afterwards.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:35 AM
motorsport43
Track Day

You can order from Tirerack, and have them drop-shipped to EF1 Motorsports in Long Beach. ef1motorsports.net

They're an Authorized Tirerack installer, and are very careful with your wheels.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:38 PM
adybuncio
Advanced

Ask Carrozzeriadesign.com, they can help you out, or even just GMGRacing.com
Old 01-16-2007, 02:49 PM
delirium
Racer

America's Tire does not always had guide the lugs when i go there, sometimes they barely guide it in & then zap it w/ the gun...
Old 01-16-2007, 11:42 PM
rayng
Rennlist Member

i ordered my set of michellin ps2s from costco. if you don't have them install it, which i would strongly encourage, you'd save another $40.

Quick Reply: recommended places for tires in Southern Ca