Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Another Starbucks incident - this time with PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It IS a damn conspiracy...

So I pull into my office complex early this morning, I have to run in for about 3 minutes to grab some files before a meeting. The ENTIRE ROW of parking spaces is open - I'm only going to be in there 3 minutes.

I'm not even to the top of the stairs, and the black Caddy cruises down the length of the lot and.......... parks right next to me.

Note that she went into an office that has the door right in FRONT of the parking spaces on the right side of the pic - she had at least 30 different spots to choose, almost any of which would have been more convenient.

For all you non-996 drivers who seem to feel I'm over the top on this, let me be clear - I am not saying she has no right to park there, but come on people...

ALSO: www.youparklikeanasshole.com - the guy was on the radio on KROQ this morning, how appropriate.
Attached Images  
Old 01-05-2007, 12:54 PM
NNH
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nycebo
Incidentally, I vaguely recall reading somewhere that backing your car in lessens the chances of theft since a would-be thief is in fuller view while 'rigging' your vehicle.
Does that apply to rear-engine cars too?
Old 01-05-2007, 01:16 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You think you guys have it bad here in the US - but like I said, the UK parking lots are insane!!

Check this example out....

UK EXTREME PARKING
Old 01-05-2007, 01:22 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Then there is of course, this UK parking 'classic' -

WOMEN FIGHT FOR PARKING SPACE - WITH THEIR CARS!

Old 01-05-2007, 01:31 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cdodkin
You think you guys have it bad here in the US - but like I said, the UK parking lots are insane!!

UK EXTREME PARKING
Oh dear God that had to be a joke. That couldn't possible be real.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:35 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

And the piece de resistance

UK Parallel Parking - With Russ Swift

Old 01-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Bum
Advanced

It's not a conspiracy to anyone who wants to minimize their chances of getting dinked. Find the most expensive or well taken-care of car and park beside it. I feel much better parking near these people feeling that my chances of getting dinked will be minimum. So if I can't park on the end, this is the next best alternative. So if you park in the middle of nowhere and see someone parking next to you, they're probably hedging their bet also, unless it's an SUV and then let the conspiracy begin.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:15 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NNH
Does that apply to rear-engine cars too?
I presume your kidding, but if not: it applies to any car. Thieves generally hot wire your car from inside.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:39 PM
porsche-t
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nutbeem
Note that she went into an office that has the door right in FRONT of the parking spaces on the right side of the pic - she had at least 30 different spots to choose, almost any of which would have been more convenient.
Maybe she's hoping that some of the "FAST" will rub off on her car..........
Old 01-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Botsy67
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

UK EXTREME PARKING
I used to live in France and we all know parking is tough over there especially in the city (Paris), but that video has to be for a TV show, as no-one in their right mind is dumb enough to do such things to his/her car, also to other car, crazy!. Though the surveillance video example must be real and some people are indeed mad with over-board "Road-rage"
Old 01-05-2007, 09:38 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

Originally Posted by Botsy67
I used to live in France and we all know parking is tough over there especially in the city (Paris), but that video has to be for a TV show, as no-one in their right mind is dumb enough to do such things to his/her car, also to other car, crazy!. Though the surveillance video example must be real and some people are indeed mad with over-board "Road-rage"
You are correct - the Extreme Parking Video is a set-up, but the two women drivers fighting it out for the parking space with their cars is real.

The parallel parking video is a long time UK stunt driver who's been doing this stunt for years, since he perfected it for a car commercial for Rover cars.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:51 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by nycebo
Tim, I seriously just lost it in my office. I mean, full on LOL. Everyone thought I was crazy. Your post is one of the funniest things I've read in a while!!!!!!

and
Since I didn't have any significant "******* parking" tales to relay, I decided to add to the previous post. I'm glad I could give you a good laugh on a Friday! It kinda puts a whole new meaning to the phrase "half-pint" dosen't it!
Old 01-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The parallel parking video is a long time UK stunt driver who's been doing this stunt for years, since he perfected it for a car commercial for Rover cars.
Actually Mr. Swift is a previous champion in the UK and Irish sport of "autotesting". This is a series of tests where there are manouvers forwards and backwards and many handbrake turns and head throws in between.

Have a look here to get and idea of the sport: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...otesting&hl=en
or here http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vi...b53c4b4.527033

and then imagine learning and doing 10 of these tests in one days competition.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:26 PM
care4era
Racer

this is the way to park
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T4T886ZSNY

Quick Reply: Another Starbucks incident - this time with PICS!