996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Some new Christmas gift mods done

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 11:03 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

We really need to have sticky of things like "can I raise the spoiler manually"?

I realize these things are in the f'in manual, but most people just don't take the time to read it. I learned some great things from reading my manual that the car can do but a sticky will help all the non-readers.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Botsy67
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Maybe it's just me but I really love to read User's Manual to find out everything that whatever I bought can or cannot do Either it's my new iPod or my new car. Man, I even read my parents MB User's Manual to tell them what their car can do but they will quickly forget anyway, Oops. Now that it's been a while, I may need to go back and review my P-car manual to make sure I still remember what are all the neat things it can do heh heh It's a great reference though.
Cheers,
Old 01-02-2007, 02:54 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I see you have a CAB as well. Here's a neat trick that ISN'T in the manual. If you already know it, my apologies. Anyway, if you would like the rear windows to go up as well like the front ones when you top is down you can just press the little switch up in the hole where the top latches in while you raise the windows. VOILA! Rear windows up now as well. I never understood why you couldn't raise them to begin with. It's looks odd when you have just the 2 front windows up since the line doesn't flow well...it just cuts off.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
I see you have a CAB as well. Here's a neat trick that ISN'T in the manual. If you already know it, my apologies. Anyway, if you would like the rear windows to go up as well like the front ones when you top is down you can just press the little switch up in the hole where the top latches in while you raise the windows. VOILA! Rear windows up now as well. I never understood why you couldn't raise them to begin with. It's looks odd when you have just the 2 front windows up since the line doesn't flow well...it just cuts off.
thanks for that.... i always thought it was wierd not to be able to do that.....
Old 01-02-2007, 03:24 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Very welcome!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:31 PM
dallasboats
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clever, I'll take one flashing for "ludicrous speed" if available.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Botsy67
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks Dell, that was a neat trick indeed, YES I did not know about that initially but after I joined this great Forum, RIAD mentioned about it one day when someone was asking for any neat tricks that our 996 can do. Though now I don't need to use this trick anymore since I have just installed the SmartTop module which is supposed to take care of this rear windows, right? I have not tried it yet on my cab, my bad heh heh... because the weather has not been so good outside.
Cheers,
Old 01-02-2007, 08:00 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Nice mats!

I think the next mod should be some Aluminum Pedals. IMO they really "make" the interior.

-td

Quick Reply: Some new Christmas gift mods done