PICS. FROM CARS & COFFEE

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 136 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
Oreganet, April 15th sounds good to me.

I think we should start a new thread for an April 15th fun run in a few weeks or so. We could call it something like "April 15th Phila. Area Fun Run".

What area(s) did you have in mind for the drive? I would prefer to do it west of Philly, say meet on the Turnpike or other large road in or around Chester county. I feel this area would give us better county roads with less congestion than we could find in the Phila. suburbs or Jersey.

Keep in touch.

Sounds like a good plan.

I hadn't fixed on anything yet. The roads I had in mind were either north of Allentown or along the upopulated areas of NJ border north east of Lambertville. I've mostly been collecting recommendations.

I don't know Chester County at all, so that mikes it harder for me to plan a run in that area, but I'm up for help whereever I can get it.

BTW, are you an RTR member? Your car looks familiar.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:15 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by oreganet
Sounds like a good plan.

I hadn't fixed on anything yet. The roads I had in mind were either north of Allentown or along the upopulated areas of NJ border north east of Lambertville. I've mostly been collecting recommendations.

I don't know Chester County at all, so that mikes it harder for me to plan a run in that area, but I'm up for help whereever I can get it.

BTW, are you an RTR member? Your car looks familiar.

What is RTR?

I just spoke to a buddy of mine, he has an '84 911 Carrera and an '00 Boxster, and he would like to join the run.

I would also like to post a message on ferrarichat.com to see if we can get other exotics to join the run.

Allentown(Pocono?) area sounds good to me. Also, there are excellent roads near me in the Reading area. There is a Skyline Drive, where the Reading Pagoda is located, with great lookout points which lookout over Berks county and from there it is a short drive to excellent back country roads which lead to the Morgantown area(Amish country) or even head north east from there to the Allentown area. However it may be a little out of the way for some Phila. owners.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

RTR is the Riesentöter region of the PCA - I'm guessing that I've not seen your car yet if you were not familiar with the RTR term.

As for others showing up, the more the merrier. I would love to see some Ferraris show up.

I love Skyline drive... a nice road to be done at high speed. I hear that road has been climed at 160mph during the annual hillclimb.

I'm sure we could get interest, regardless of where we do the run - the main thing is to get some nice roads that we can play on.

I like your ideas for Reading out towards Allentown... I'll have to look at the map and try and work something out. I was mainly thinking of something not too far west, otherwise it might be too far for any NJ drivers that would want to join us.

Let's both look at the map and see what we can come up with.

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
What is RTR?

I just spoke to a buddy of mine, he has an '84 911 Carrera and an '00 Boxster, and he would like to join the run.

I would also like to post a message on ferrarichat.com to see if we can get other exotics to join the run.

Allentown(Pocono?) area sounds good to me. Also, there are excellent roads near me in the Reading area. There is a Skyline Drive, where the Reading Pagoda is located, with great lookout points which lookout over Berks county and from there it is a short drive to excellent back country roads which lead to the Morgantown area(Amish country) or even head north east from there to the Allentown area. However it may be a little out of the way for some Phila. owners.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:43 PM
blacknight
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey SoCal,

Join us here: https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/329246-socal-porsche-run-this-saturday-to-c-and-c.html#post3849200 for a fun run this weekend.

If the PA guys want to come too, you're all welcome to.

Rich
Old 02-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

I would love to - gotta be better then the 15F temperatures we had today and the 7 degrees we had yesterday.

Quick Reply: PICS. FROM CARS & COFFEE