Sponsored by:

Short lived Christmas spirit

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009 | 07:10 PM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Sadiq
wtf!? how did this show up on my first page?? I just went back through the post dates to see who the douchebag was who revived a 3 year old post and it was me??? I blame this on RennList.
If you must....
Old 04-14-2009 | 07:36 PM
dresler
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Doug Donsbach
Things were different back in 2006...
now that is funny!
Old 04-14-2009 | 09:05 PM
ChestRockwell
Cruisin'

Phil, I know this is well in the past now but you handled that way better than I would have. I'm still in my mid 20's and full of testosterone. My daily is a Scion Tc, not the nicest car in the world but I love it none the less, when ******** are inconsiderate and do crap like that I make it a point to not be careful with my belt buckel or the rivets on my jeans when I'm sliding into the 4" space the left me to get into my car. I would never intentionally mess up someone's car, but I show them the same ammount of respect that they showed me. I think it all stems from this sense of entitlemnt that people have today, they park in no parking zones or jam into a space that is obviously not for their car. I'm a pretty docile guy, but if you mess with my car you might as well have just punched me in the mouth.
Old 04-14-2009 | 09:39 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

I guess when you're old(er) and 5' 7", you mellow a bit - out of necessity, not by choice
Old 04-14-2009 | 09:43 PM
function12
Burning Brakes

Some people just dont care. I was watched a lady at work get out of her brand new Chevy Suburban (paper tags still on it). She must have wacked the car next to hers 4-5 times with her car door. Didn't even give it a second thought. Well the hell???
Old 04-14-2009 | 10:17 PM
Steven B
Racer

You drove your car? Out of the driveway??????
OMG
Old 04-14-2009 | 11:16 PM
jmla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChestRockwell
Phil, I know this is well in the past now but you handled that way better than I would have. I'm still in my mid 20's and full of testosterone. My daily is a Scion Tc, not the nicest car in the world but I love it none the less, when ******** are inconsiderate and do crap like that I make it a point to not be careful with my belt buckel or the rivets on my jeans when I'm sliding into the 4" space the left me to get into my car. I would never intentionally mess up someone's car, but I show them the same ammount of respect that they showed me. I think it all stems from this sense of entitlemnt that people have today, they park in no parking zones or jam into a space that is obviously not for their car. I'm a pretty docile guy, but if you mess with my car you might as well have just punched me in the mouth.
Whenever someone parks to close to any of our vehicles, I simply fold both of their mirrors closed. It's my relatively harmless (until they need to change lanes) way of getting back at them for being inconsiderate.
Old 04-15-2009 | 12:05 AM
red911c2
Three Wheelin'

Phil, Glad your car didn't get dinged (2 1/2 years ago!!!). I believe that most people do not give a crap about their cars and therefore they don't give a crap about your car. We went to a convenience store last weekend, my pregnant wife and 2 year old son stayed in the car, and a lady driving a Navigator opened her door right into the side of our car (not one of the P-cars) with my wife looking at her... When I got back into the car, my wife told me she didn't think the lady even knew she did it. I went to that side of the car to look at it, while the lady was still there, and I purposely let her know I was looking for damage from her door. I didn't see any damage but it's still BS that people do this stuff.
Old 04-15-2009 | 09:28 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by Steven B
You drove your car? Out of the driveway??????
OMG
Just to the local Starbucks - two mile drive!! After that incident, I'm lucky to make it to a 7-11.
Old 04-15-2009 | 09:33 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by red911c2
Phil, Glad your car didn't get dinged (2 1/2 years ago!!!). I believe that most people do not give a crap about their cars and therefore they don't give a crap about your car. We went to a convenience store last weekend, my pregnant wife and 2 year old son stayed in the car, and a lady driving a Navigator opened her door right into the side of our car (not one of the P-cars) with my wife looking at her... When I got back into the car, my wife told me she didn't think the lady even knew she did it. I went to that side of the car to look at it, while the lady was still there, and I purposely let her know I was looking for damage from her door. I didn't see any damage but it's still BS that people do this stuff.
No question - last year, was in a hospital lot, and parked my wifes 328xi in the corner. When I come out, there's a lovely black LeSabre parked around 6" from me, and a new ding in the rear door. When the owner comes out to get his car (older couple - there's a surprise) I show them that the ding lines up perfectly with their door and that they should take responsibility for the damage. I get all their insurance info, etc. and when I contact their insurance company, the owner denies the incident completely - although I had pics to "prove" it. I wrote him a note asking him to do the gentlemanly thing - to take responsiblity and pay for it. Never heard back from him. Bastard. The car was turned in from lease a few months ago, and I wasn't charged for the ding - but it just pissed me off how people not only don't care about other people's property, but have the audacity to deny it when clearly they were responsible.
Old 04-15-2009 | 09:51 AM
Dave!
Rennlist Member

My wife was sitting outside her work having lunch last year with her car parked right in front of her when some woman pulled up next to it and just popped her door into the side of my wife's car. Being right there she saw it and so said "Excuse me, you hit my car with your door, please be more careful".

So what does the woman say?

"Mind your own ****ing business!"

I don't remember the rest of what happened, but it involved the woman coming back to her car later and hitting my wife's car with her door again when she thought she wasn't looking. There was a scratch, but that door was keyed in a huge way a few years back anyway. I just don't get people sometimes.
Old 04-15-2009 | 06:24 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Originally Posted by Dave!
I just don't get people sometimes.
I do. Many of them are just miserable, angry, jealous a-holes
who have zero respect for other people's property. Simple as that.
Old 04-15-2009 | 10:33 PM
Michael-Dallas
Pro

True story: about a year ago, my co-worker picked up his 2006 BMW 330i on a Friday after 3 months in the body shop (for rear-ending another car). The next day (Saturday), he gets this monster door ding on his front passenger door during lunch, right on the crease and down to bare metal. It went back to the body shop the following morning for another 3 months.

Whoever parked next to him (out in BFE) did not leave a note or anything. $800 worth of damage. Yeah, this country is going down the tubes...

///Michael

Quick Reply: Short lived Christmas spirit