Sponsored by:

WATCH YOUR REAR VIEW

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 05:06 PM
996CABOVA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WATCH YOUR REAR VIEW

Is it just me or do ppl love and try to race us ALL THE TIME. On a road the other day that has lights every mile or 2. So i see these kids in a mustang ridin my ****. So he pulls up to me and we put down the windows and so he says what u got in that Carrera i said just bi pass pipes. So he says lets run to the next light. So in my mind im sayin this mustang sounds deep he obviously has work on this car. It had to be a 03 04 GT sounded good soooo....green light we run them and I had to be 5 car lengths just dusted this guy....and ppl behind us were like yeaaa as they drove by me cause the sound of the bi pass pipes open throttle is a thing of beauty. But i saw the other day im just cruising and a 997 c4s cab goes by me, we wave at each other and ridin his **** is a honda civic with a young kid in it haha. Anybody have any kill stories they want to tell
Old 12-23-2006, 05:32 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

------- Anybody have any kill stories they want to tell --------

sometimes I want to kill my wife...does that count???
Old 12-23-2006, 07:17 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 996CABOVA
Anybody have any kill stories they want to tell
Hey newbie, I have a kill story for you.

Street racer gets 6 years in fatality

By: North County Times wire services

SAN DIEGO - A Spring Valley man, who was street racing when he caused a crash that killed an innocent motorist leaving a karate class near the Miramar Marine Corps Air Station, was sentenced today to six years in prison.

Lawton Ferreira Jr., 19, pleaded guilty to gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated in the Nov. 26, 2002, death of 20-year-old Feli Dolor.

Ferreira, who had marijuana in his system at the time of the 7:40 p.m. crash, also pleaded guilty to being intoxicated.

In return for the guilty pleas, second-degree murder charges and great bodily injury allegations were dropped, prosecutor Blaine Bowman said.

The defendant sobbed uncontrollably for most of the two-hour hearing.

"Two families have been torn apart because of my decision to drive fast and ignore the law," Ferreira told Judge Bernard Revak.

The victim's mother also addressed the court.

"The pain is unimaginable and uncomparable to any pain that I have ever felt in my life," Mila Dolor said. "It is an awful thing. Life will never be the same for me and my family."

Bowman unsuccessfully argued that Ferreira be sentenced to the maximum term of 10 years in state prison because he had been cited six months before the fatal crash for participating in a speed contest.

Ferreira's father owned a car shop and preached to his son about the dangers of street racing. At the time of the accident, the father headed a group that promoted safe alternatives to racing on the streets.

The judge said the defendant's "pattern of street racing" was "bothersome."

"I'm convinced he got involved in a street race," Revak said of the defendant.

But the defendant's lack of criminal record and showing of remorse worked in favor of a lighter sentence, the judge said.

Dolor, a student at Southwestern College in Chula Vista, was killed when he pulled out onto Camino Santa Fe, near Commerce Avenue. His Pontiac Firebird was struck broadside by the defendant's modified Chevrolet pickup truck, Bowman said.

Ferreira was going 93 mph in a 40 mph zone when he slammed into the victim's car, the prosecutor said.

Ferreira and a driver in a white Honda Acura Integra both revved their vehicles' engines and raced -- changing leads at least twice -- before the defendant slammed into Dolor's Pontiac, Bowman said.

A passenger in Ferreira's truck, who was injured in the crash, testified at an earlier hearing that the defendant had raced five to 10 times before the fatal accident, the prosecutor noted.

"He was acting within his character," Bowman told the judge.

Defense attorney Alex Loebig unsuccessfully urged Revak to give Ferreira the low term of four years behind bars.

The attorney said his client was a "good boy" and "great son" who worked with his father at his car shop and volunteered to help autistic children.

"It is inconceivable that he would ever do anything like this again," Loebig said. "He's just not a threat."

Ferreira's mother, Donna, told the judge that no amount of punishment could compare with the punishment her son has already heaped on himself for taking a life.
There are hundreds of stories just like that one. Next time use your brain and don't race on the street. Drive safely. Happy holidays.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:19 PM
grant911
Pro

I don't "race" on public roads anymore. It's too dangerous, and really not worth it in the end. BUT, before I changed, I did take on a Corvette here and there, but now I wouldn't even think of it. The whole straight line thing is overall boring, and just asking for trouble on public highways. I do however go for a "spirited drive" once in a while on B roads with my brother and a group of his friends on bikes like a Ducati 750 Monster, Yamaha R6, ect...
Old 12-23-2006, 08:53 PM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

I used to do that when I was young and my brain was full of ***.
Now I'm grown up (OR old) I don't do that stuff anymore.
Oh, I still drive fast though!
Old 12-23-2006, 09:02 PM
AsianImage
Racer

i find that Nissan 350Zs and Infinty G35 coupes LOOOOOOOOOVE to mess with me..ugh. Everytime I am driving around and headlights come up..its always one of these yahoos.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:30 PM
MechanicalEng
Burning Brakes

I dont mind people reving their engine at me, or trying to race me.. I just ignore them, what really bothers me is the "haters" . The other day I went out with my brother, he was in his S2000, and other 2 friends in Bosxter S's we where driving on I-95 doing like 70mph and out of nowhere an old beated up POS honda civic with 3 guys around 18-22 ?? rolled their window down and started to yell at us Fu.. you!! they gave us the finger and almost hit my car, I was driving almost in the shoulder, they got really close to my car. Later they got in front of one of my friends and hitted the brakes.. It was VERY scary, I dont know what is wrong with some people..
Old 12-23-2006, 09:31 PM
discoganya
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AsianImage
i find that Nissan 350Zs and Infinty G35 coupes LOOOOOOOOOVE to mess with me..ugh. Everytime I am driving around and headlights come up..its always one of these yahoos.
Yes G35s and 350Zs are the most common, but several modded Civics, WRXs and M3s try to race with me...
Old 12-23-2006, 09:48 PM
AsianImage
Racer

Originally Posted by discoganya
Yes G35s and 350Zs are the most common, but several modded Civics, WRXs and M3s try to race with me...
great I am not the only one they target! HA!
Old 12-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Blackness
Pro

I find it's mostly young guys in riced-out poser mobiles. Fart bomb mufflers and huge rear wings. It's so ridiculous I usually just laugh at them.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:30 PM
996CABOVA
Instructor

Originally Posted by programmatore
Hey newbie, I have a kill story for you.

There are hundreds of stories just like that one. Next time use your brain and don't race on the street. Drive safely. Happy holidays.
Thats a story to die for. But thats not i had in mind. I dont race around either that was actually the only time i did with my Carrera. I hear you it isnt worth it..just figured i asked ...everyone drive safe
Old 12-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Porsche_Smile
Three Wheelin'

i have one of those G35...... supercharged, lowered, volk wheels, and pushes around 430 hp at the wheel..... i don't race with it, but i don't shy from 911 either..... Now i drive my Cab and i just grin.......
Old 12-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 136 Likes on 72 Posts

I mostly find that it's Camero, Corvette and Ford F-150 pickups that want to race me.... NASCAR morons usually, you can tell them by the stickers on the car.... occasionally I'll get a Subaru that wants to go for it, but that's rare.

I look at it this way... when some idiot wants to race you, you KNOW that your car is faster than theirs (people who have fast cars know it and don't need to prove a point). The only variable is how reckless the driver is prepared to to be. In my car I KNOW that I'm not prepared to be reckless to prove a point that I already know, i.e. my car is faster than most cars that want to race me.

Honestly, what's the point of endangering your life and that of others on the road to prove a point that is already known. If you need to see the damage you can do, then google "Nicole Catsouras" and you'll get the point.

If you have a point to prove, take it to the track.

Honestly, real men know when not to race.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:32 AM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

Exactly, Wayne. Insecurity, and Jealousy.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:53 AM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Was on the highway doing about 70 last nite in the fast lane, with a buddy, on our way to the clubbs. A Viper comes driving 2 lanes over, he obviously sees me as he's passing. He slows down, and moves over right next to me, paces me for about 10 secs and just TEARS-OFF like I'm standing still. Must have had 600+ BPH. Was pretty cool and I would have looked foolish, had I tried to race. I need more HP!!

Quick Reply: WATCH YOUR REAR VIEW