Sponsored by:

OT: Another Enzo tragedy

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 12:28 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Anybody find it comical in the story that they reported that the F-Car "unexpectedly crossed the sidewalk and struck a tree"

WTF does unexpectedly mean in this story? What it should of read like was:
"........driving at a high rate of speed without training behind the wheel and owning an Enzo becasue he can, the Enzo expectedly crossed the sidewalk and struck a tree."
I sent my daughter and her boy friend to a BMW teen driver school. The instructors spent a lot of time in the classroom explaining that there was really no such thing as an accident. Very helpful for me in my instructions to her
Old 12-01-2006, 12:32 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ucube
I just find it sad that seemingly the more money you have the more idiotic you become behind the wheel. Why does one work so hard to be successful only so that he can be more careless with his life and that of the passenger? Does wealth somehow make one larger than life?

Sigh...
I don't think that has much to do with it . . . really.

I think that there are thousands of wrecks every day that nobody hears about.

When there is one wreck with a true supercar, everyone knows it.

The true supercars are so much more capable that I assume it is easier to get in trouble. Specifically, you could drive exactly the same way in a Prius and an Enzo and you would probably die in the Enzo.

I am sure the true supercars are merely cars to the people who can afford them. It is all a matter of perspective.

So, I doubt that their attitude or intelligence levels are all that different from the rest of us. Their mistakes are just a lot more public and interesting.

Just my two cents.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

The local municipality will be liable for planting that unsafe tree in a autoright of way.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:29 PM
TBH996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the foam was soap suds since you really never see a dirty Enzo. They owners detail guy probably detailed it for these pics but snapped the shots before they washed away the soap.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Luckyr
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ucube
I just find it sad that seemingly the more money you have the more idiotic you become behind the wheel. Why does one work so hard to be successful only so that he can be more careless with his life and that of the passenger? Does wealth somehow make one larger than life?

Sigh...

You don't seriously think that most Enzo owners, worked for their money do you? I'll bet inheritance played a bigger role in the payment for the car than "work"... (Especially in Cannes/Nice)
Old 12-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregg Lewis
The local municipality will be liable for planting that unsafe tree in a autoright of way.

You've gotta be kidding. They'll say, "stupid idiot!", light up another cigarette and retire to the sidewalk cafe for another glass of wine.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:24 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Truely a tragedy for the Enzo. Idiots should not be allowed to buy these cars.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:42 PM
MirageMetallic
Advanced

Originally Posted by Steven C.
I sent my daughter and her boy friend to a BMW teen driver school. The instructors spent a lot of time in the classroom explaining that there was really no such thing as an accident. Very helpful for me in my instructions to her
Yep -- pretty much either the car failed, or the driver failed (maybe the OTHER driver).

A long time member of my PCA region is very fond of saying "You don't have to be smart to own a Porsche." There have been some funny moments at parties, etc. where someone does something really silly and he just stands there and makes this remark in a way that almost sets you over laughing.

I am sure the same adage applies to the Ferrari owners...

It would be interesting to know how many of these turkeys who roast their CGT's and Enzo's on the street can get it around a decent road track in one piece. In other words... i wonder a lot how many of them "Got Track?"

And it looks like another CGT bit the dust today too...

http://www.wnbc.com/news/10439357/detail.html
Old 12-01-2006, 10:12 PM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

So he makes it seem that the CGT is so poorly designed that it will go out of control at 30mph...
Old 12-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

Yeah, 30mph and swerved to avoid a truck and crashed.... right. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:17 PM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

And even if one does lose control of a CGT at 30mph and crash,
I don't know how you can total it really, at that speed.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosC4S
And even if one does lose control of a CGT at 30mph and crash,
I don't know how you can total it really, at that speed.
Yeah, well, the laws of physics would argue against doing enough damage to total a car travelling at 30mph. Pretty weird. Do I smell insurance fruad?

Quick Reply: OT: Another Enzo tragedy