996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

4 YOUR EYES ONLY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 04:40 PM
996superfly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys!! I thought about that too. Too much of one thing is not good. Will use my idea for other things like my BMW 545i that I am also working on it now.

For prep work, please look at my previous post.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:34 PM
yung911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

superfly, that looks awesome bro! I want to do the same thing to mine. Saw your previous post on the prep work, but you did not mention what method you used to paint the trim pieces. Do you have a professional spray gun or a spray can from Ace, etc.

Thanks,
bao
Old 11-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Sids911
Instructor

Very well done !!! How did you paint the surface ?? Cans/ spray gun ??

Also, I was thinking that the red circular cover around the hazard light switch would look better if left in black.

Also if the little thin horizontal trim line, (between lower airbag seam and upper glove seam / just below ignition key switch) was painted red, it'd look really really sweet !!

Anyway, even as it stands its an excellent job !! I'd love to own that car ! Mine is all black on the outside and inside, so I can't really spice up the interiors without spending a lot of $$$ on ready made ($$$) aluminium trims. Anyone knows good DIY mods to give the full black interiors some character ?
Old 11-14-2006, 08:44 PM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Sids911
Mine is all black on the outside and inside, so I can't really spice up the interiors without spending a lot of $$$ on ready made ($$$) aluminium trims. Anyone knows good DIY mods to give the full black interiors some character ?
Just do what superfly did, get some matching silver/greyish (aluminium) paint and start painting!
Actually I've seen those trim sets on ebay, in various choices, wood (eww!) carbonfiber, brushed metal, etc etc... and they run like $100plus. They're stick on, so I don't know how they'll look finished.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:31 PM
996superfly
Instructor

CosmosC4S,

You are dead on, dude!! With Black on Black the only solution is metallic looks.

Answer to yung911 and Sids911, I did it with an good quality spray can product. If you are neat, careful and have patience kind of guy then you can do it too. With a little designer taste you can turn a dead, boring interior alive. Why drive a drop dead gorgeous car when you're seating in a plain, liveless interior. Especially, mine is a soft top About that horizontal trim, I was going to do it but I had a tough time trying to pull it off so I left it alone. If both of you are living near my home I can come over and give you a hand. Good luck!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 12:39 AM
lanny
Racer

Looks great superfly- just like arbys states- different is GOOD!

Quick Reply: 4 YOUR EYES ONLY!!!!