996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

ECU Reflashing

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 11:35 PM
nick49
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Anyone who really knows and understands useful power produced from gasoline engines doesn't get overly excited seeing big numbers on a dyno. Usually these are a sales tool used on those who don't know what's really going on. Peak HP numbers mean nothing except how much power is produced at or beyond the shift point. Much more impressive for a street car would be to deliver a power increase slightly off idle thru around 5000 RPM. For a car that was tracked, 3000-7000+ RPM. Power gains should be strongest in the RPM ranges where you are most often accelerating from and thru. This will vary according to your driving style and how you use existing power and torque. Usually no one but the tuner benefits from big numbers produced at peak RPM.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:13 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TTJunkie
Sharky:
I work about 10 minutes from you and have always wanted to visit.
I have an 03 C4S X51 with a Powertech flash, the EVO CAI and MaxFlow mufflers (375hp).
I believe this setup is the most I can do without voiding the warranty (good until 2/09)
Is there anything else you can do for this car?
Or should I wait until the CPO expires and then add the EVO blower?
Ric
Hey TTJunkie feel free to come in anytime... You could do one or two slight things like get some long-tube headers and high flow cats but other than that you're pretty much dead on. There's not a lot more you can do. You could always drop some weight out of the car:P That would be almost as good as hp...
Old 12-07-2006, 10:23 PM
cdaniels
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had my year 2000 996 reflashed and added the V-flow air induction system(all by EVO) and I am so pleased...the seat of my pants tells me I have dramatically increased the cars acceleration
and the new sound at 5000 rpm's is intoxicating...I can't keep my foot off the gas....glad I have my Valentine....
Old 06-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone experiencing detonation or a clicking noise when applying the throttle at times?

Quick Reply: ECU Reflashing