Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Just Installed New IForged Wheels - Pic Inside :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 03:14 PM
PowerTechParts
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes that was correct I mis read the posts before and had a typo.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:29 PM
996 MBA CFA
Instructor

Thanks for posting this. All I can say, without trying to add to the fire, is that someone who can't provide wheel offsets probably doesn't know them. I don't know what IForged has to protect. Aren't they HRE knock-offs anyways?

From Andy's post regarding the Cargraphics recommendation, it sound like a 2002-up narrowbody C2 can run the following compared to the stock 8 inch fronts (et50) and the stock 10 inch rears (et65):

an additional 16mm towards the front fender
an additional 19mm towards the rear fender

My guess is many pcar owners upgrade their wheels so this is definitely good to know.

.25 inch comes out to a little more than 6mm, so if you get a wheel that is .5 inches wider, it is 6mm more wheel outward towards the fender and 6mm more wheel inward towards the car.

Originally Posted by 108.5dba-static
These wheels are very similar to those made by Cargraphics, except that they do publish the offsets :

For a narrowbodies 996 there recommendations are as follows:

Fronts

8.5x19 ET40
9X19 ET 46
Rears
10.5x19 ET 52
11x19 ET58

These are custom made split rims with TUV approval. They even have 12"x19 for those GT2 out there.

For more info www.cargraphic.de

Hope this helps.

Andy
Old 11-05-2006, 07:29 PM
yung911
Rennlist Member

Yep those are my wheels! I got them installed last saturday. As for the rubbing issues, the fronts are fine, but the rears if i go over a big bump they would rub. I'm gonna raise the rears probably 1/4 inch to solve the issue. Besides that i love the wheels!!

These offsets were recommended by Iforged, so i don't know what they are. All i know is that i freaking love the wheels and totaly happy with the purchase and the price.

Thanks Dan!

Bao
Old 11-05-2006, 07:54 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for posting your thoughts Bao (yung911). Your rubbing issue is what EVERYBODY has been saying about the rears that iforge "reccomends" for the car. Well, you, as well as many others that have witnessed it or experienced it first hand, have confirmed that iforge has NO idea what they are talking about when it comes to providing a correct offset for the rear wheel. Sounds like stubborness on iforged's part which may explain their excuse of "proprietary offsets used" to refuse divulging the offset of the wheel. That alone would prevent most from buying it. You should NOT have to adjust your car to prevent rubbing if the wheel was the correct offset to begin with.

FYI....changing the geometry of your car to accomodate an incorrect wheel will affect the handling of your car. If you plan on using these stricly as bling then you should be just fine. But if you take your car to the track I would reconsider the suspension change to accomodate a street wheel.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:55 PM
yung911
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the input LV, but these are just for the *BLING* factor. I don't intend on taking these wheels to the track. I have a seperate set of wheels for the tracks, so i'm good to go.

Maybe if iforged reads this thread and others with gripes about the offsets, they would change it. But all in all i'm happy with them. If need be i can send them back and change the rears to 19x10.5's if they start to rub too much.

I'll post some pics tomorrow of the car washed, instead of dirty for you all to see.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:04 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Sounds great! Post up that pic of the clean car......we love our pics around here
Old 11-06-2006, 12:31 AM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

This is just plain stupid on their part (Iforge). Someone should really tell them that their secret offset are out of wack!! I remember the other guy who was convinced he had the right offset but then again, had to use a narrower tire and stretch it in order to clear the fender.

I would rather have a company be straight forward and tell me it's not the perfect offset but could use a spacer to fix the problem, then an ignorant bastard trying to convince me otherwise and leave the shop grinding the tires at the first bump.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:38 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CWay27
This is just plain stupid on their part (Iforge). Someone should really tell them that their secret offset are out of wack!! I remember the other guy who was convinced he had the right offset but then again, had to use a narrower tire and stretch it in order to clear the fender.

I would rather have a company be straight forward and tell me it's not the perfect offset but could use a spacer to fix the problem, then an ignorant bastard trying to convince me otherwise and leave the shop grinding the tires at the first bump.
Spacers will only help when they are too far in, not out. This problem requires a less agressive offset or grinding down the inside of the new wheel.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:53 AM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
Spacers will only help when they are too far in, not out. This problem requires a less agressive offset or grinding down the inside of the new wheel.
Yes I know but what I meant was; I would rather have a company tell me the truth and use a spacer than a company telling me BS and get stuck with a set of wheels giving me no options..... but to grind.

I rather like working with a slightly higher offset than a slightly lower one. One is an easy fix but not the other!!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:57 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Isn't that the truth! Good point.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vividracing
Thanks for the feedback. First I can check into the tire selection for you. email me at dan@vividracing.com and I will get you a quote.

No rubbing, we ripped around the curves here at work. Stiff as a board with the JIC Cross suspension.

Next. Those are NOT the wrong offsets. IForged makes the 19x8.5 and 19x11 wheel for the C2/GT3 in the correct offset for a flush fit. If you think these are the wrong sizes, your wrong. Iforged does not give out the offsets, though if you email me or PM me I can get them for you.

A set of IForged is $3600 for the Precision Series and $3400 for the Formula series. www.iforged.com

Anything else, just pm me!
Dan,

What are the offsets of those wheels? This should be a simple question for a re-seller...
Old 11-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 996 MBA CFA
So what are the offsets? I did a search and couldn't find the answer. I'm assuming you already know based on your reply.

If the rear offset is off, which from one of the pics it looks like it might be, it can't be off by my than 5-10mm.

Thanks.
Stock Carrera offsets are 50 Front and 65 Rear
Old 11-06-2006, 11:44 PM
teutoniclove
Intermediate

If we're talking rims, I've got a question for y'all. I've got it down to two choices for Betty ('99 C4 coupe) and want to get some opinions. Should she be shod with the 19" Carrera S wheel or the less common 19" Carrera Sport Design? I've found decent deals on both and can't choose.

These aren't for the track, just to add some shine. I've got the base 17" wheels currently.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:36 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by teutoniclove
If we're talking rims, I've got a question for y'all. I've got it down to two choices for Betty ('99 C4 coupe) and want to get some opinions. Should she be shod with the 19" Carrera S wheel or the less common 19" Carrera Sport Design? I've found decent deals on both and can't choose.

These aren't for the track, just to add some shine. I've got the base 17" wheels currently.
I never have warmed up to the Carrera S (lobster fork) wheels, so between those two wheels, my choice would be the Carrera Sport Design.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:36 AM
kc996
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris996
My 996 C2 calles for 265/35-18 on the rear. Proxes 4 do not come in this size. Can you install the Proxes 4 275/35/18 on the OEM Rims, or is this pushing the rim to tire too much?
Yes. I have OEM wheels that came with 265s but I run 275s (Falken Azenis) on the street and track with no problem at all.
k

Quick Reply: Just Installed New IForged Wheels - Pic Inside :)