996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

WON MY SPEEDING TICKET!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 04:06 PM
ruckmjr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get a kick out of people who use such offensive words to describe police officers and then are the ones to cry the loudest when they need one.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:35 PM
axel6
Advanced

Great story. I would rethink the term, "pig." I have family in law enforcement and they would be more than willing to lay down their lives for the people they serve. There are many good cops out there.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:44 PM
BlackCab996
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arr0gant
You guys really need to lighten up.
Now I know why your screen name is arr0gant - telling people to "lighten up" when they're trying to harbor positive feelings for people who risk their lives is pretty interesting. There is a motorcycle cop outside of my building who writes j-walking tickets all day and I think it's a joke, and I've received more tickets than I would like to admit over the years - but I WAS speeding. I'm not going to degrade police in general for either reason. The original message not only said "pigs" but also said "I hate the bastards". Part of the reason that I enjoy this forum so much is that people are often funny and sarcastic without being offensive. There are also former law enforcement professionals (and perhaps some current) who are members here. Should we hate them too? or do we drop the hatred now that they're retired?
Old 10-20-2006, 05:16 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackCab996
Now I know why your screen name is arr0gant - telling people to "lighten up" when they're trying to harbor positive feelings for people who risk their lives is pretty interesting. There is a motorcycle cop outside of my building who writes j-walking tickets all day and I think it's a joke, and I've received more tickets than I would like to admit over the years - but I WAS speeding. I'm not going to degrade police in general for either reason. The original message not only said "pigs" but also said "I hate the bastards". Part of the reason that I enjoy this forum so much is that people are often funny and sarcastic without being offensive. There are also former law enforcement professionals (and perhaps some current) who are members here. Should we hate them too? or do we drop the hatred now that they're retired?

Oink Oink!
Old 10-20-2006, 05:24 PM
joey c
Pro

Old 10-20-2006, 05:24 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Anyway, I always plead "not guilty". The "law enforcement officials" never show up. If they do show up, I either have my case ready or I ask for a continuance. I haven't been convicted of speeding in 8 years and haven't paid one penny towards my several "alleged" speeding incidents.

Pig is just a slang term for crooked cop. Any intelligent person respects the tought work officers do. I for one, am not going to make a big deal, or lose any sleep over someone calling a cop a pig. Its all in fun.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:28 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by joey c
Easy there. Cursing isn't nessesary.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:30 PM
joey c
Pro

*******...that's better lol
Old 10-20-2006, 05:38 PM
OH997
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure it's all in fun. Just like when someone calls a mexican a spic, or an Asian a Jap, or a Jew a Kike. Those situations crack me up all the time. Like just the other day some Pollack .....

I have no use for political correctness but even less for intolerence. Even if you think it's ok to call a crooked cop a pig what makes this officer crooked.? Nicolas admitted he was going 50% over the speed limit.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:43 PM
joey c
Pro

sorry arrogant just joking....by the way..were you the guy that bought a c4s and found out it had flood damage?..did everything end ok(i hope)..see ya,j
Old 10-20-2006, 05:49 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

sorry arrogant just joking....by the way..were you the guy that bought a c4s and found out it had flood damage?..did everything end ok(i hope)..see ya,j
Everything worked out, totally. They gave me all my money back, PLUS air-fare for 2, and my gas money for the trip back, as well as payed to ship the car back to Houston. I was lucky. Found a lighter optioned C4S in Dallas with half the miles. Only 17k on the clock. Final price was $56,500

Old 10-20-2006, 05:59 PM
BlackCab996
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arr0gant
Oink Oink!

Well now the porcupine vs. the Porsche joke makes sense.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:06 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by BlackCab996
Well now the porcupine vs. the Porsche joke makes sense.
"Cause the ****** are on the INSIDE" Very nice!! I prolly deserved that.

Last edited by arr0gant; 10-20-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:38 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Yeah, here is a pic of center console in 'Gants first car (the sub). The top switch activates the Sonar and the second switch raises/lowers the Periscope!
Attached Images  
Old 10-20-2006, 11:07 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Nicolaas probably has the worst attitude towards police that I've ever seen. I never really wish bad things on people, it's not my style, but I really hope that one day he learns his lesson that the Police are there to protect society (and don't make the laws that they enforce) and that he might actually need one for something. I really hope that they don't show up when he needs to call, as he really doesn't deserve their help.

Self-responsibility is a wonderful thing, but sadly Nicolaas lacks that, along with maturity, and many other positive attrtibutes. As someone else said, he is classless and his attitude denegrates the car that he drives.

If you speed, accept responsibilty when you get caught. Noone forced you to put your foot down, you did in full knowledge of the consequences when you get caught. Common sense and a good radar detector are the best protection from speeding tickets. I've never seen anyone so deserving of NOT getting off from their ticket.

Congratulations in getting off the ticket, even though you really don't deserve it.

Quick Reply: WON MY SPEEDING TICKET!