Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

WON MY SPEEDING TICKET!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006 | 12:04 AM
Zoolander
Racer

A MAN is someone who does the crime and is prepared to do the time.

Whatever happened to accountability in this country?

The term "pig" should not be used.
Old 10-21-2006 | 12:11 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Police and saving peoples lives???? Ever seen a higway patrol cop...I mean officer safe anybodies life???
They sit back wait till the fireman comes (which are the reall hero's...who actually safe lives!!!) and then write a report!! They are never there when you need them!!! Read another post on rennlist...guy was shot at called 911 but the police didn't show even after 30 minutes!! They were to busy writing speeding tickets!!

So give it up ..... if you are a power tripper, you become a cop......but let me be more specific:

cops...beat cops ( the ones driving around and keeping our cities safe from robber and rapers etc) and detectives (solving crimes) great guys with brains ( I hope until they send someone to jail for life for a crime they didn't commit!!) they get all the respect they deserve!!

BUT cops on bikes (motor bikes) and the highway patrol whateveryouwanttocallthem......USELESS!!! Here in the states no ones sticks to the rules anyways....passing right and left....driving 35mph on the left lanes (on a 6 lane highway!!) etc etc...they don't get pulled over.....

And Oreganet.....go fish....give me one example I would need a cop for???? Go think about it the whole week...hope you lose your license next time you speed....or ofcourse you are lawbiting citizen and never speed!!! Whatever.....

All rest....with their opinion...are you the people voting for bush??? I thought so...thanks!!

Last edited by Nicolaasdb; 10-24-2006 at 01:00 AM.
Old 10-21-2006 | 12:29 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

by the way Zoolander...read the post....I passed another car and went rigth of the gas!! Speeding means going a certain speed for a period of time...no just a spurt!!! of a second or 2!! And the rest of traffic was going about 68....get it??

A MAN..... ever served your country for 8 years??? MAN!!
Old 10-21-2006 | 12:32 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by axel6
Great story. I would rethink the term, "pig." I have family in law enforcement and they would be more than willing to lay down their lives for the people they serve. There are many good cops out there.
very true, i have some close friends in the force. BUT there are plenty of pathetic one's too. let's no forget that. and i am not just talking about those who write speeding tix.
Old 10-21-2006 | 08:57 AM
OH997
Pro

Nicolas "speeding means going a certain speed for a certain period of time?". WTF? If it registered on your speedometer you were going that speed for a period of time that was long enough for it to register 70+. The rest of the traffic was going 68 in a 50 and you had to pass? Your attitude represents what is fundamentally wrong with a lot of people today. You are never at fault. You borke the law but that doesn't matter. You were unfairly singled out because you drive a Porsche. Take responsibility for your action. Maybe you were singled out because of your car but if you weren't breaking the law you wouldn't have been stopped.

Regarding your question why you would ever need a highway patrol officer if your that dense there is no sense trying to help you understand. Also, if you think these guys got into law enforcement because they wanted to write speeding tickets that's ludicrous. I could ask you what you do for a living and give you an example of a lousy human being who chose that profession. That doesn't make all of them creeps.

Maybe the next time you will go left of center and hit a family in a mini van head-on, killing all inside. When that happens make sure you tell us all how you beat the rap.
Old 10-21-2006 | 09:02 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Examples you might need a cop for? just a short list -
you car gets stolen, your wife gets raped, your house gets broken into, you get attacked on the wonderfully safe streets of LA (Not that you deserve it or anything ). Take your pick.

As for not speeding - most of us speed. I do. I generally go with the flow of traffic and sometimes I lead the pack. Not excessive on a busy road, but I have been known to put my foot down on a quiet road. If I'm caught, then my bad, I take responsibility. I've had had one speeding ticket in my life and guess what, it was in EXACTLY the same situation as yours. I was ticketed doing 80mph overtaking an old guy going slowly in the middle lane. I didn't whine and I'm not bitter. I deserved the ticket because I should have been more patient.

I take responsibility for my actions. I say what I mean and mean what I say. When my words and actions get me into trouble, I take responsibility. It is clear that strength of character is something your parents never taught you. I pity you.

Sometimes I wonder if you really believe what you're saying, or it's just a sad cry for help and attention.

Last edited by oreganet; 10-21-2006 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-21-2006 | 09:03 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

997 - He's a photographer. He hangs around with models who also have bad attitudes. Check out the link in his sig.
Old 10-21-2006 | 10:19 AM
OH997
Pro

A photographer? Makes sense. A one dimensional attitude stuck in a two dimension life. As much as any person on this board he should understand the difference between appearance and reality. A picture may be worth a tousand words but it doesn't tell the whole story.

hey, since most models are on herione (i saw a story about Kate Moss on ET and she was on it so all the other modesl must be too!), and most heroine addicts hang out with other users what should we infer about Nicolas? After all, he had no problems putting a label on a cop he knew absolutely nothing about. By the way Nicolas, I am not even remotely implying i know you, just making a point.
Old 10-21-2006 | 10:39 AM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CosmosC4S
Nicolaasdb, Congratulations on getting off that one!
You are now officially my speeding ticket consultant if I ever need one in future.
Does this only apply to California?
Every state is different. I was 8-1 in California. Up here in WA I'm 2-2. They really have a racket up here!!!

That said I fight EVERY ticket. It's our right, and IMHO our duty to hold them equally accountable for stopping us and handing out performance awards or whathaveyou.

Congrats!! If more people exercised thier right to appear in court and make them prove their case... well.. how many do you thnk would be tossed because they would not have the manpower to handle them all, plus it would take the profit motive out of the citation, IMHO.

Just some food for thought.
Old 10-21-2006 | 10:43 AM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by axel6
Great story. I would rethink the term, "pig." I have family in law enforcement and they would be more than willing to lay down their lives for the people they serve. There are many good cops out there.
Quite true. I have 3 in my family (aunt, uncle, cousin). One of them returned from Iraq last year (head of an MP unit). They are honorable people. That still does not change my opinion about the profit motive driving speeding tickets.
Old 10-21-2006 | 10:55 AM
fast1
Race Car

That still does not change my opinion about the profit motive driving speeding tickets.

The primary reason for aggressive enforcement of speeding laws is revenue collection. BTW I'm not talking about guys racing on public roads and significantly exceeding speed limits; I'm talking about the guys who are given tickets for going 78 in a 65 zone. State and local governments have become highly dependent on income raised by strict enforcement of the traffic laws. Washington DC has gone into a frenzy with the insatllation of cameras at many of their intersections.
Old 10-21-2006 | 11:05 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

i USED to speed a lot and have lots of tix. i lost my lisence, i paid huge amount of fines...... i understand that i broke the law (sometimes on purpose, i mean we DONT ACCIDENTALLY speed, we do it knowingly)....you take responsibility for it ..... anyways, that moronic period is long over. i no longer drive fast and i dont caravan with any car groups b/c i set my CC at 5mph above speed limit and drive on the slow lane. all my friends hate driving with me, but i am tix free now.

that aside, you comment about cars get stolen, wife gets raped and house broken into.... well, my car has been stolen. a vw scirocco in college and a 300ZX in 86. in one case the cop took the report over the phone and wont bother coming out to the site. holy ****, how are you gonna catch the thug if you dont come out and look at the site. why dont they just PLAINLY tell me that "we are too busy chasing OJ, we have no time to chk out your 10k stolen car." then i will understand. what IS the point of taking my f'k report over the phone. i pay tax which in turn pay them, i have a prob. you come out to help, however small the prob may be.

my parents' house was broken into. and i have spoken abou this issue on RL before. parents don't spk english lives in an exclusive neighborhood. the cops didn't ever pretend to whisper. loud in the open "they probably staged the break in...." WTF,if my parents wanted to stage a break in, they would have report cars stolen, computer, furniture blah blah and total loss was over $10M so we can claim on insurance. no, the only thing stolen was an old TV. our furniture are all antique from china, the sofa was over 100 lbs so the thieves more it from living room to the front door and gave up. left it by the door. now HOW DO PPL WITH ZERO IQ become cops. think about this episode. and for the moment, lets assume my family staged the break in. until the cops can CONCLUSIVELY proof that, they really should say nothing.

i see tons of chp driving around using up fuel. when my car is broken on the side, the drive by and dont even wave? are they blind? now NOT everyone is like that. some chp has stopped to help my wife change tire, and help me call tow trucks. so i wonder what is the protocol. chp should leave the motorist to rot on the street when car is broken or render help. i have seen both an di like to know what to expect. eihte rway is fine, but it needs to be consistent.

and dont give me bs about all of them REALLY do their job. one of my best friend from HS is now a CHP. he said that th eir are perks for them. he's late to a ball game, turn the light on and 100mph he goes.

the orig poster was just telling his story. maybe PIG is the wrong word, but i dont think fighting tix is wrong, he has the right to do so, you dont have to agree with him. my point is that dont be so sure that the "authority" is always right.

and as another data pt. after i got my license back, the court record didn't get to DMV and DMV thinks i was still suspended (this is long ago when i was young and idiotic). well i got stopped and car impounded. almost put in jail. then parents had to hire a top flight attorney, i do mean top teir, to look into it. and it turned out DMV and the courts were at fault. but guess what, they just removed the suspension record and think like nothing happened. i still had to pay a very very hefty impound fee for their MISTAKE.

Originally Posted by oreganet
Examples you might need a cop for? just a short list -
you car gets stolen, your wife gets raped, your house gets broken into, you get attacked on the wonderfully safe streets of LA (Not that you deserve it or anything ). Take your pick.

As for not speeding - most of us speed. I do. I generally go with the flow of traffic and sometimes I lead the pack. Not excessive on a busy road, but I have been known to put my foot down on a quiet road. If I'm caught, then my bad, I take responsibility. I've had had one speeding ticket in my life and guess what, it was in EXACTLY the same situation as yours. I was ticketed doing 80mph overtaking an old guy going slowly in the middle lane. I didn't whine and I'm not bitter. I deserved the ticket because I should have been more patient.

I take responsibility for my actions. I say what I mean and mean what I say. When my words and actions get me into trouble, I take responsibility. It is clear that strength of character is something your parents never taught you. I pity you.

Sometimes I wonder if you really believe what you're saying, or it's just a sad cry for help and attention.
Old 10-21-2006 | 11:36 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

I don't dispute the right to fight a ticket. I don't dispute that traffic laws are used as revenue generators. I agree and I wish anyone who gets off a ticket well .

I dispute people using a bad attitude towards people who are simply doing their job and enforcing dumb laws that the people WE elected put on the books.

Sure, there are some bad cops out there, but the vast majority are good people who care and love their job. They do a job that neither you nor I would do - a very dangerous one at that.

When I see bouts of verbal diarrhoea, such as the junk that Nicholaas routinely spouts I think that someone needs to take off their hat of superiority and put themselves in the shoes of a cop for just 5 minutes. Maybe they'll then develop and insight and maturity way beyond their shoe size and realize that sometimes we just have to see life from someone else's perspective, take some self-responsibility for our actions, stop whining about how hard done-by we are and be proactive about making a change in our attitude.

Just my $0.02
Old 10-21-2006 | 11:36 AM
arr0gant
Drifting

I fundamentaly disagree with most everything Nicholaas has said. But c'mon you guys. This is getting way and out-of-hand. As I said before, we all need to lighten-up a bit. Some people feel differently about police than others. We are no better than other message boards I frequently "troll" if we all act like this.

Originally Posted by oreganet
I really hope that they don't show up when he needs to call, as he really doesn't deserve their help.

Self-responsibility is a wonderful thing, but sadly Nicolaas lacks that, along with maturity, and many other positive attrtibutes. As someone else said, he is classless and his attitude denegrates the car that he drives.

Congratulations in getting off the ticket, even though you really don't deserve it.
Oreganat, you know you're my boy, but your comments were a little harsh (IMO). I don't think it's nessesary to treat eachother that way, even if some of us have "extremely" differing views.
Old 10-21-2006 | 11:41 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by arr0gant
I fundamentaly disagree with most everything Nicholaas has said. But c'mon you guys. This is getting way and out-of-hand. As I said before, we all need to lighten-up a bit. Some people feel differently about police than others. We are no better than other message boards I frequently "troll" if we all act like this.

Oreganat, you know you're my boy, but your comments were a little harsh (IMO). I don't think it's nessesary to treat eachother that way, even if some of us have "extremely" differing views.

I know we're buds, and I agree that everyone has a right to their opinion. Really, the first amendment was great when we had it.

I've slapped Nicholaas before on this issue and will not do so again - I'll let others take up my job here - but really he does need to chill his attitude a little towards the police. I'd glad to see that the majority disagree with him.

I've said my piece and I know that his attitude will not change and my words are mostly wasted. I'll now shut up.

Quick Reply: WON MY SPEEDING TICKET!