Sponsored by:

PPI in Denver

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 03:03 PM
teutoniclove
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPI in Denver

Hi gang. I've been lurking for a while and am getting ready to pull the trigger on getting a 996 (C4 coupe). I've seen eurosport recommended several times for the PPI but two of the three cars on the short list are serviced there. Any other recommendations?

I have my allroad serviced at Prestige and have been happy. Are they as good on the P side of the house?
Old 10-17-2006, 04:26 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

First there are several Eurosports. The one in Englewood (on Union) is the one to check out for PPI. Talk to Orrin and tell him I sent you. If they have been serviceing the car that is even better isn't it? I have no love for Prestige (heck they didn't even know standard functions of my Turbo). The service manager for P-cars is an *sshole (although he may have left for Gebhardt in Boulder, but I have not confirmed this). I have found Stevinson to be the best dealer in the area.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:00 PM
RAC
Racer

Originally Posted by wross996tt
First there are several Eurosports. The one in Englewood (on Union) is the one to check out for PPI. Talk to Orrin and tell him I sent you. If they have been serviceing the car that is even better isn't it? I have no love for Prestige (heck they didn't even know standard functions of my Turbo). The service manager for P-cars is an *sshole (although he may have left for Gebhardt in Boulder, but I have not confirmed this). I have found Stevinson to be the best dealer in the area.

Well I have to disagree about Stevinson being the best dealer in the area. After a dealing with them I would never go back. Maybe thier service dept. is better then the sales guys, but i'll never find out. Most of the Porsche dealer here in Colorado is a crap shot at best.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:16 PM
teutoniclove
Intermediate

The two eurosport serviced cars have been at the one at Evans & Broadway. I'll definitely reach out to Orrin. Thanks.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:29 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you local? I would be happy to look at the car with you. I have had a few 996's and I have a good idea of what to look out for.

For a PPI...

PorscheSpeeddemon is a rennlist member and mechanic over at Stevinson. He replaced a seal and did my alignment last week. I would take it to Stevinson and ask for Chance. He knows his stuff and knows what to look for. i.e. Joking around I asked why my car was not washed when I picked it up. (It was raining earlier that day) He said I didn't think you would want anyone at the dealership touching your paint. The guy knows the 996 very well unlike most mechanics he is a true Porsche enthusiast.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:58 PM
lanny
Racer

It depends on who you talk to at each dealer- I have had good and bad experiences with all the dealers here in Denver. Some of the small independents are good also and sometimes less expensive. Overall I have had the best sales and service experience at Prestige in the last 5 years. When it was Stammler in boulder the sales were terrible but the service was ok- not sure now that gebhart bought them.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:56 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by RAC
Well I have to disagree about Stevinson being the best dealer in the area. After a dealing with them I would never go back. Maybe thier service dept. is better then the sales guys, but i'll never find out. Most of the Porsche dealer here in Colorado is a crap shot at best.
I thought the question was about service? I don't like any of the sales guys at ANY dealers. I will repeat...I have had service at Prestige, Stammler and Stevinson. Stevinson is by far the better of the three. Talk to Chance or Justin.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:40 AM
roger's 2937
Instructor

I agree with wross-I dealt with Jim and Jesse!

Roger B.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Joee
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had very good service from Rick and Dave at Prestige and more recently at Boulder Porsche - Gerbhardt. Rick is good to work with as a service manager and Dave really knows the cars. Dave owns several Porsches, is a member of RMR, participates in club events and above all has worked on and knows the cars. He is also highly recommended by people who depend on him to service their race cars even flying him to events like last weekend in Daytona....
Old 10-18-2006, 02:06 PM
teutoniclove
Intermediate

Holy Moley! You guys are great. My number one pick is having new rear skins put on today so I should have it off to Eurosport (Englewood) soon. RMS and coolant tank have been replaced already. We'll see if it was done right.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:09 PM
teutoniclove
Intermediate

Just to follow through here. I've struck a price and left messages to schedule the PPI. We're on our way. Thanks again.
Attached Images  
Old 10-23-2006, 07:40 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where are you in Denver? I live in Park Hill 17th and Monaco. We should meet up. There are a couple of us that get togeather for Mod's so you can join our crew!!! Initiation can get expensive.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:10 AM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Yeah, what is it now? A keg per person now?

Oh and Mike has a set of 18in rims now. Or I have a set of 18in Techarts.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:13 AM
teutoniclove
Intermediate

Southmoor Park. I'll definitely have to join the crew. Clear corners are already done. Think my first update is a head unit with bluetooth support or maybe an exhaust or maybe....ideas?
Old 10-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

RIMS! See above.

Who did you buy from?

Quick Reply: PPI in Denver