Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Funniest / dumbest comment you've received?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010 | 10:01 PM
V225
Racer

Passenger: "Why'd you pop the hood, engine trouble?"
Me: "To put my jacket away, engine's in the back remember?"
Passenger: "Ohhh yeaaaah... But what were you doing with the engine?"
....about 5 seconds later he gets it.
Old 10-11-2010 | 01:21 AM
geldgrube
Rennlist Member

Ok, I have a couple....

1. I'm with my wife and we're driving around a shopping center looking for a parking spot. Some guy coming from the other direction rolls down his window and...
He: Wow, she's a beauty!!
Me: Thanks, I just had it washed and waxed.
He: I was talking about your wife!!
Us: LAUGHTER!

2. So I'm at a gas pump fillling up the car and there's a 30'ish looking blonde at the other pump....
Her: Why would anyone need a car like that?
Me: Well, you see, my ***** is very small and this is the only way I can feel like a real man.
Her: .....speechless
Old 10-11-2010 | 08:42 AM
Pac996
Drifting

Next time maybe tell her you don't need her

Women do go for a wash and wax. Isn't waxing something where it pulls the hair out? Personally I'd rather make the car scream.
Old 10-16-2010 | 09:11 PM
skullcap
Track Day

Default engine location

I was picking up a few items that I needed at a store and was beginning to put them in the trunk. An older gentleman, about 80 years old was sitting parked on the passenger side next to my car and had his door open to get some air.
He says to me, "Where's the engine?" I replied, "I don't need one," as I put my stuff in the trunk and let him think about that for a few seconds...then I told him "It's a Porsche, they still have engines in the back." I was surprised that he didn't know this. He then says, "huh!"
Still, he continued to look bewildered as I drove out of the parking lot.
Old 10-16-2010 | 09:19 PM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Had a guy offer to swap cars today at the gas station. His 80's Cherokee for the 996. I asked, "straight up?". "Yup" he says.

"Hmmmm, I'll think about it...."
Old 10-17-2010 | 02:12 AM
wyovino
Rennlist Member

Pumping gas (2000 C2), a nicely dressed guy gets out his car and walks up to my windshield and looks at the registration sticker. He nods his head and say "Wow, they never change these cars!". He tells me he's a Chevy dealer and when he pulled up behind me he thought my car was literally right out of the showroom.
Old 10-17-2010 | 01:30 PM
larry47us
Pro

I pull up to a 4 lane stoplight with my Targa top down, and I look up to the guy driving the semi next to me. He looks out his window, down into my car and says, "So, how do you like driving MY car??" I then hear a shout from the guy sitting in the car behind me, "Hey, that's really MY car!!" The truck driver leans out his window farther. "Yeah, you wish."
Old 10-17-2010 | 02:08 PM
RF5BPilot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by geldgrube
Ok, I have a couple....

1. I'm with my wife and we're driving around a shopping center looking for a parking spot. Some guy coming from the other direction rolls down his window and...
Me: Thanks, I just had it washed and waxed.
Us: LAUGHTER!

Me: Thanks, I just had her washed and waxed.
Me: Me too. [smiles, then ducks]
Old 10-17-2010 | 03:08 PM
larry47us
Pro

So, I'm taking a romp through the western Michigan outback with 7 of my friends from the early 911 crowd. There is a car show in the community, all american steel, so we line up along a side street, 7 Porsches between 1969 and 1973 and me in a 2004 996 Targa.

Family walking across the street, the 9 year old kid amazed by all the Porsches in a row. The dad says, in a too loud whisper, "And THAT, son, is a 993." I just waved.

larry
Old 10-17-2010 | 03:51 PM
Airrik
Racer

Good stories guys,... I have two of them for you. The first one happened last Monday late afternoon I was getting off of work to pump gas in the 911. I was minding my own business but always alert of any strangers or bystanders coming my way when all of a sudden a beat up old truck with a cab on it of some kind. A young adult in his mid 20's is staring at me and my 996 I'm 31 but look about 27 yells across the gas station and solicits his Home stero equipment to me while still in his truck. Long story short I said No!, he trys again I said I have to go! He must think I'm loaded and want to buy his crap.

The second event is even weirder this was about 3 weeks ago at a Shell station on a weekend. I am getting gas when all of a sudden 2 pumps to the right of me this black Altima sedan is watching me to see who owns the Porsche. After I pay, I get stopped at the same gas pump by this really creapy freaky rocker guy who sure enough came out of the Altima with another dude with him. He gives me this story he has no money for gas blah, blah, etc. I check his plates it shows GA state he is lying bs me whatever. So I give him $6 (I am nice guy most of the time) bucks and then he trys to stalk me with my personal info asking for ph# where I live etc. I say none of your damn business and drive off.
Old 10-17-2010 | 04:45 PM
scubadawg
Advanced

I was changing my bulb in the trunk at Partsource, a guy said, where's your engine?

Leaving Costco, saw a small family, father, mother and young male child, probably about 4-5 years old, he said to his father, Dad, that's a Porsche.
Old 10-17-2010 | 06:06 PM
PasPar2
Drifting

Originally Posted by larry47us
I pull up to a 4 lane stoplight with my Targa top down, and I look up to the guy driving the semi next to me. He looks out his window, down into my car and says, "So, how do you like driving MY car??" I then hear a shout from the guy sitting in the car behind me, "Hey, that's really MY car!!" The truck driver leans out his window farther. "Yeah, you wish."
nice...
Old 10-18-2010 | 05:39 PM
TurboTodd
Advanced

I visit my out of state "outlaws" very often. Most times I drive my S4 as it is a nine hour drive. We have the routine down pat. I get there, back in the drive way, pop the trunk and the father in law starts to grab bags out of the trunk.

This time I drive the 996, drive straight in the drive way. Father in law meets me in the driveway and says what the heck, You normally back in. I pop the trunk and he says ... I guess you did.
Old 10-18-2010 | 05:54 PM
fjr_wertheimber

Originally Posted by TurboTodd
I visit my out of state "outlaws" very often. Most times I drive my S4 as it is a nine hour drive. We have the routine down pat. I get there, back in the drive way, pop the trunk and the father in law starts to grab bags out of the trunk.

This time I drive the 996, drive straight in the drive way. Father in law meets me in the driveway and says what the heck, You normally back in. I pop the trunk and he says ... I guess you did.
LOL That's pretty classic...
Old 10-18-2010 | 08:42 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

We had relatives in town over the weekend. They knew I had just returned from Europe from the Porsche Driving Experience tour. My Uncle looked at my 2002 C4S and said "Did you buy this while you were over there?" I said, no... this is an older 911 - it's 8 years old. He was shocked - he thought it was new.

Another quick one - a couple of years ago I was filling up with gas and a guy came over and started looking at my car. He said "Nice car... is that a 944?"

And the last one actually happened in the Cayenne on Saturday. I noticed a low tire when we came out of a restaurant after dinner, so I drove to the gas station next door to use the air pump. As I got out of the car, the gas station attendant and another customer were looking at the back of the Cayenne. I heard one of them mumble something about not understanding why somebody would spend $45K on an SUV. I just smiled and didn't say anything. If only they knew what the sticker actually was for a new Cayenne...

Quick Reply: Funniest / dumbest comment you've received?