Sponsored by:

man I hate myself.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry man I hate myself.....

man I hate myself....I dropped my cellphone on top of the drivers side quarter panel!! and a nice little dent is the result of this stupidness!!! So now everytime is look in my rearview mirror instead of seeing traffic I see my f..up....which is even more dangerous for the others on the road.

It is barely noticable...but for me it looks like a crater!

Sorry for this empty (no questions) rant...but I know there others out there that did something like this and might also want to vent!!
Old 10-01-2006, 12:53 AM
cdodkin
Drifting

Did it remove any paint?

Suggest you take it to a good dent removal guy, and you're problem will go away.

I had to use one once, and couldn't believe that the ding vanished, and I couldn't see where it had been.

Not sure where in CA you are - but I can recommend the guys at Spectrum Collision, Irvine.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:58 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

it is such a little "but" that doubt it if this a dent removal job...but I will go and ask...I have a couple of other little (for me major) dents given to me by other car doors etc.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

I am in Huntington Beach...Irvine is not that far I will look them up ..thank
Old 10-01-2006, 01:00 AM
BlackCab996
Rennlist Member

Nicolaas - that sucks - I'm the same way when I dive my own cars a ding - I know a really good guy who will travel to you in the Los Angeles area - where are you? FYI, I've seen this guy do flawless work on my Porsche and a BMW we had, as well as my coworkers' Merecedes and Range Rover.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:07 AM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nic - I once dropped my kids WAGON on the front left stovepipe fender of my 964 and put a huge (tiny) dent in it.

Other than that, I would recommend a good therapist for your self anger issues....
Old 10-01-2006, 02:32 AM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

You guys are all so efficient when it comes to DIY to the engine and mechanical parts,
but when it comes to fixing simple small dings, nobody thinks of fixing them themselves?

Somebody asked the same question about dings and I mentioned DingKing,
but nobody was interested. I've used it on all my cars and have been completely satisfied with it.
A starter kit only costs like $30plus and if you fix one single ding to perfection,
that will be your return in investment already!
And believe me, you will never be paranoid again when you get your next ding.

Well...don't expect to fix all dings to perfection. Most will be fixed to "almost perfect" condition, at least better than before. But depends on the ding itself, I have managed to fix many to perfection.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Fro
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting article I came upon.
Never personally used this, however.

http://www.troubleshooter.com/data/F...e/DingKing.htm
Old 10-01-2006, 12:21 PM
cdodkin
Drifting

CosmosC4S - no problem doing a DIY process, but from experience, the pro's use special tools on the inside of the panel to push the ding out for a perfect finish.

It takes a lot of skill as well!
Old 10-01-2006, 12:44 PM
nick49
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry about that, too bad you didn't drop it down a sewer grate instead. I lost my phone nearly 3 years ago and quit successfully. I have had strong urges to take up the habit again, especially at lunch or a club where friends are talking to someone else by phone rather than each other. At times the morning or evening commute gives me nawing sensations in my stomach and I start thinking about a T-Mobile reseller, but I get stuck behind a young female user going 55 in the fast lane and the feeling subsides. The worst is occasionally having to find a quarter and a pay phone to take care of the business at hand, but that fortunately doesn't happen too often. As a business owner since '79 I'm used to operating without the cell phone leash around my neck, and perfer it that way today.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

As annoying as that is, it's not too bad. If that's the biggest mistake you make all year you're a very fortunate man.

Use it as a conversation starter. Tell your friends you were having sex against the car... well you can finish that story.

Rob
Old 10-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Riad???? sex against the car??? I am married....so sex is on the backburner! And the few times a year I'll have it...it will NOT be against my P!! I hate fingerprints on the car...let alone *** cheek inprints!!
Old 10-02-2006, 12:42 AM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

Sorry to hear about that Nicolaas.... It reminds me of a similar DUH! moment while I was getting ready to pump fuel into a bimmer I had and hit the fueling spout onto the side of the car leaving a nice scar.

If by any chance you need another reference to a dent removal expert, I recently had Steve Brown (818.481.0839) work on one of my car's (black), and I was blown away at the results.

Better get it fixed soon before you slam onto a car in front of you while you are fixated on the dent and not the road!

Best!

Quick Reply: man I hate myself.....