Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Service wants to replace rotors with each pad change?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Lee from Toronto
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adrian, I asked them to change just the pads, and when I picked up the car yesterday, the pads were not changed. That was fine, as I think I have another 10K km left, which based on my current mileage is another year (don't razz me too bad, we have 7 vehicles...). What ticked me off is that I also asked for an emissions test because I have to renew my license plate this year. This was not done, which means I have to do this myself when I get back from business in a week and a half. I was hoping to get all our vehicles done this week, so this really inconveniences me.

Apart from the whole rotor recommendation saga, there seem to be serious communication problems with this dealership. It was my first service there, I won't be returning.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:17 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee from Toronto
Adrian, I asked them to change just the pads, and when I picked up the car yesterday, the pads were not changed. That was fine, as I think I have another 10K km left, which based on my current mileage is another year (don't razz me too bad, we have 7 vehicles...). What ticked me off is that I also asked for an emissions test because I have to renew my license plate this year. This was not done, which means I have to do this myself when I get back from business in a week and a half. I was hoping to get all our vehicles done this week, so this really inconveniences me.

Apart from the whole rotor recommendation saga, there seem to be serious communication problems with this dealership. It was my first service there, I won't be returning.
Lee,
I would advise you to at least to go and see the Service Manager or even the Dealership Chief and tell them what you think and what you expect from them when you take your car in. I don't know how many Porsche dealers there are in Toronto, but it might be worth trying to get things cleared up first. Just moving one to the next one and then do the same thing becomes a real pain, and eventually you run out of places to go. At least go and tell them what you think of the way they treated you.
Ciao,
Adrian.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Lee from Toronto
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked the car up 1/2 hour before they closed on Friday night. There was nobody in service when I picked the car up, just sales and the parts guy, who explained what was done to the car. I'm out of the country till after Thanksgiving. My schedule is just too hectic right now to chase people down to complain. I'll follow up when I get back.

Thanks to everyone here for their advice!

Quick Reply: Service wants to replace rotors with each pad change?