Sponsored by:

Wax Appliation question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 01:19 PM
AlexL.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wax Appliation question

I have used Zaino now for 3-4 years and am very happy with it. I used to have a silver Car but now have a Lapis Blue 996 and am finding it MUCH more difficult to keep clean!

The dark color has some swirl marks and has a couple scratches that i would like to treat with swirl mark remover,etc... My question is that Zaino says that no other wax should be on the car when using ZAINO. In fact u should use Dawn to get everything off the car then start adding layers. I'm thinking of using 3M swirl mark remover then maybe the 3M Imperial hand glaze on top of that to hid some imperfections and THEN use Zaino for layers on top.

Would this type of application not work well? Would the Zaino not have the affect that it normally does? Thanks...
Old 09-25-2006, 01:47 PM
jb26jb
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not believe Zaino will bond to a glaze. I'm sure Zaino sells a polish or swirl mark remover that works fine and is compatabile with Zaino.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:32 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The Zaino durability will be compromised with the hand glaze. Within the Zaino line there are two alternatives: (i) the Z-PC polish (or any polish for that matter); and/or (ii) the new Z-5 Pro. A polish will remove the swirls and/or scratches, while the Z-5 pro does a nice job of hiding and/or reducing the noticabiliyt of swirls and light scratches. Both the Zaino products are compatible with the Z-2 Pro. If you use another polish it is wise to do an alcohol wipe prior to the application of Z-2.

Quick Reply: Wax Appliation question