Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

K&N Cold Air Intake : who has had issues with this product ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 11:46 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you know I washed my car today...it looks cleaner...faster and louder!! Maybe it is just me.....but it also seemed to handle better!!
It is all in your head! Super charge it and then you will feel the difference......when I replaced my regular air intake for a fabspeed..I also thought me P got a little better trottle reponse.....but it got just a little louder...then when I replaced my mufflers the car seemed even faster....OR louder???
Old 09-27-2006, 08:55 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Here's an interesting article from ModSearch. Ideally, the notion of a cold air intake makes intuitive sense. I guess the question is whether it actually adds value over the existing Porsche design. At the end of the day, it's not unreasonable to think that Porsche compromised on performance in order to minimize the loudness of the engine and perhaps also to be overly sure that dirt particles did not make it into the engine through the use of a freer flowing engine (and thus preserving the longevity of the engine). However, it seems irriational that a freer flowing system would 'not' result in 'any' power increases. Blown MAFs aside (and frankly, people get these with the stock airbox), I don't think it hurts.

Incidentally, the likelihood of hydrolock on the K&N definitely seems a little higher than on the EVO simply because of it's location.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Zoolander
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had issues with the K&N CAI. So far I have had two CEL as a result of the CAI. Car went about 1000 miles before the first CEL. I spoke to K&N and they told me to disconnect the battery to reset the computer. The CEL light went on again after 500 miles this time. I have yet to call K&N again or do anything at this time due to getting married last weekend.
I will probably wait for the next CEL and read the code so I can be sure it relates to the CAI. The battery was disconnected again so I could drive it to the wedding.
Will keep the board updated.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:44 AM
ZX9RCAM
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

What CEL codes would be specifically related to the K&N CAI....???

Anybody know any actual code numbers that one could say is related??

Quick Reply: K&N Cold Air Intake : who has had issues with this product ?