996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Used Car Dealers are all class...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Used Car Dealers are all class...

So I'm on a flight from LA to Phoenix last night and I'm sitting in front of a group of car dealers. These guys are talking about auctions, every and any type of car and every now and then they bring up Porsches... Then one guy talks about his Ebay name and I recognize it as a dealer I was talking to about a 97 993 last spring. I ended up talking to the guy and mentioned that I bought a 99, 996 c2 coupe. He then says, "Oh man those have bad engines, we don't deal with those cause they are so bad...etc. etc." He talked about one car that was bouncing around all of the dealerships becuase it had a bad motor. He was just trying to burst my bubble and wanting me to buy one of the 80's turbos he has. I told the guys the issues brought up in articles and that it is not as bad as they were making it out to be. His reply was "Hey, we're all car dealers here, we know what's wrong with them." I realized where he was coming from when he stated that "We're all car dealers". Yeah I guess you are...
The funny part was that they were even talking about how they need to specialize in a particular car and know the pros and cons for each type. That way they could make more money. I just have a real dislike for those types of dealers. Spitting out BS and everything they have is awesome and what you have sucks.... Oh please tell me more I really want to buy a car from you now.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:56 PM
dallasboats
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car does suck. You should dump it now and call the dealers back. If they are on Ebay, I'm sure they have a great and honest reputation. All ebay dealers are stand up guys and shoot straight.

Your dog has a really BIG tongue!
Old 09-16-2006, 03:48 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dallasboats
At least that's true

Those kind of dealers are so full of themselves it's pathetic
Old 09-16-2006, 04:53 PM
nick49
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Saying around here about car salesmen..."If their lips are moving, they're lying", sorry to my friends that sell cars, but I'm sure they know why they got this reputation. As it was a long time car salesman friend that first told me this.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

What a business. You should have told them to drop dead.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:16 AM
TurboMark
Pro

One of my old neighbors owned a dealership and we spent lots of time talking about the business. His notable comment, 'I have been a cheap ***** all my life.' He was a Ford dealer ... I'm sure the Porsche dealers are better, more expensive ones.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:35 AM
Eharrison
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a family member who was ford salesman. (Wife's side of the family, my sides only nuts) It was incredible how his personality changed. He wasn't too bright to start with but after he started working there he justed BS'd his way through it and if you didn't know what he was talking about he actually appeared smarter than he looked. Now he sells insurance....
Old 09-17-2006, 07:31 AM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dallasboats
That's not his dog-- That's the dealer!
Old 09-17-2006, 08:34 AM
searching4996
Racer

Originally Posted by Eharrison
I have a family member who was ford salesman. (Wife's side of the family, my sides only nuts) It was incredible how his personality changed. He wasn't too bright to start with but after he started working there he justed BS'd his way through it and if you didn't know what he was talking about he actually appeared smarter than he looked. Now he sells insurance....

My grandfather had an expression "In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king". That always seems to apply in sales

Quick Reply: Used Car Dealers are all class...