Sponsored by:

How much to fix a dent?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 07:43 PM
signal
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much to fix a dent?

I apologize first off by not having a pic of this handy. A car I have been looking at, the one mentioned in this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/297029-please-advise-me-on-this-996-c2-aero-purchase.html

On the passenger side there is a dent. It looks to be about the size of half a baseball or so. Its in the back of the sideskirt, low. Starts just above the side skirt and goes into/under the sideskirt. The inner fender plastic and stuff where it ties into the side skirt is buckeled in a bit as well.

Its suttle, you dont notice it unless you are right there and looking at it. But its a dent. A smooth dent, no sharp creases, just a "push in" so to speak.

I am hoping something like that can be fixed for not a whole lot. Does anyone know of any body shops in South Florida that work on Porsches that can be recommended? I need to have an inspection of this damage done so I know if I should still purchase this car. It is a good deal (this car), but the price of this damage could make the difference between it being an OK price and it being a show stopper.

Other than this dent the car drives GREAT, sounds great, and is in great condition. A PPI is being done this week, but doesn't cover body damage.

Any ideas of the range damage like this described could cost? I am hoping they can "pull it out" without having to repaint, as the paint is fine, its like its pushed in.

Brian
Old 09-10-2006, 10:15 PM
signal
Racer

anyone?
Old 09-10-2006, 10:30 PM
CosmosC4S
Three Wheelin'

If it's a smooth dent, no creases...you can pop it up yourself with Ding King.
It costs only about $30++ and is a good investment.

If it requires repaint at the bodyshop...I would guess $1000

It's hard to estimate without pics
Old 09-11-2006, 12:07 AM
signal
Racer

I had a talk with the previous owner, they said it happened at a gas station, the curbe extended out from the pump and he grazed it. It pushed that peice in and then looks like it buckled the area where the wheel plastic inner fender peice connects to the side skirt etc, but I think that can be unscrewed and put back together.

I think I may be able to try paintless dent removal and find a place here that can tend to that..........I have read threads on here that make it sound like quite a magical solution for some situations.

Brian
Old 09-11-2006, 02:14 PM
1 PGH 1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would first take it to a shop in your area that specializes in paintless dent removal as you suggest (these are often not typical bodyshops) - go to one that you can get a recommendation on. The skilled guys at these shops are amazing - if done properly you will not be able to find the dent later. They massage out the damage from the inside of the panel with specialized equip. The cost in Toronto (no help to you I realize) is $125 for the first ding and $25 for everyone thereafter. The price goes up if it is a large or more difficult repair, but the great thing is that they do it without traditional bodywork and repaint.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: How much to fix a dent?