Sponsored by:

SMART TOP/REMOTE TOP QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Idocdes
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SMART TOP/REMOTE TOP QUESTION

I was part of the group buy. I do not believe my smart/remote top is working properly.
1. Smart top one touch feature does not work. I have to hold the top up-down button on the dashboard as original equipment. I can raise and lower the top while in motion, but must press the button the entire time.
2. Remote top - I have to hold the button on the remote until cycle is complete. Sometimes, if signal is lost the top stops in mid cycle; I then have to complete cycle from dash control.

I have tried the key in ignition hold button to reset, however, the dash light never respond with on to off again.

Is it possibly a faulty unit?
Old 09-06-2006, 06:06 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the top is closed while using the SmartTop, press the closed button for 2 seconds then depress the open button and vice verse to get the semi "one touch" operation going.

Using the remoteTop, hold the remote button for 3 seconds when arming or disarming and the top should start opening or closing.

Correction for the remoteTop, read the instrutions that came with your unit on how to activate the one touch feature then follow my instructions above.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Kims996Cab
Racer

[QUOTE=washington dc porsche]If the top is closed while using the SmartTop, press the closed button for 2 seconds then depress the open button and vice verse to get the semi "one touch" operation going.[QUOTE]

Washington dc gave you the correct answers in both cases.

Smart Top: think about it. Would you really want your top to respond to just a single .... perhaps accidental .... touch of the switch ....at, maybe, 60 mph?

It really is a "semi-one touch", as he says. Hold for 2 seconds the side of the switch corresponding to where the top IS, then touch the side of the switch corresponding to where you wish it to be. That way, the unit knows you really are asking for movement of the top.

Both this feature, and the details of programming the Remote Top for continued action when the key button is released .... are found in the instructions that came with these products.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Idocdes
Rennlist Member

thanks for the info, lost the instruction manual so am a little behind the 8 ball
Old 09-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Dharn55
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

You can download the instructions off of the Wilhemy-IT site.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:17 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sometimes my top also stops when opening with the remote key, or is leaves the cover open just an inch or 2-3....it is technology and it doesn't always work perfectly...but I still love the features.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:54 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I have not noticed that button behavior that Nicolaas and Kim commented on. Then again, I turned off the default safety precaution such that all I need to do is very briefly click the open top button and away it goes. Of course, touching it again at any time while in motion stops it instantly. Also, it doesn't work if I'm going faster than 25mph. However, as the guys mentioned, the instruction manual is thoroughly helpful.

Quick Reply: SMART TOP/REMOTE TOP QUESTION