millenium edition pricing justification

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 02:03 AM
fredflinstone
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default millenium edition pricing justification

Hi,

I saw a Porsche millenium version here http://www.phillipsauto.com/details....-13l1157045888

The wood in the steering is cracked and so is the entire wood trim.
He is asking for 3k on extended warrenty for 3 years.
It has 35,500 miles on it. He is asking for $44,500

Can someone tell me if its at a valid price?
Old 09-06-2006, 02:39 AM
EJAX
Track Day

Fred - I have a Millenium edition and I love it. Last week there were three Milleniums being sold at Porsche dealers around the country, two in the mid 50s and one in the high 40s. Of course, those cars are all certified and have extended warranties through Porsche included. Of course, the dealer commands a premium.

A good way to check prices is to search autotrader.com. Only 2000 Milleniums were made and they all had the same rather unique exterior color (Violetchromaflair metallic) and natural brown full leather interiors (which are fantastic). They seem to command a slight premium over other 2000 C4s. They had every luxury option, including navigation. They are also lowered and have chrome exhaust tips.

If you like the car, you need to take it to a Porsche dealer or other Porsche mechanic for a full PPI. There are a number of quality Porsche mechanics in the Newport Beach area.

Note that this particular Millenium is a Tip/auto trans.

What is cracking on the steering is the plastic covering the wood, which can be repaired. Search some threads here to find out how.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:39 PM
signal
Racer

I believe there were 911 milleniums made, not 2000, right?
Old 09-06-2006, 02:31 PM
fredflinstone
Track Day

I understand what you are saying. But can this care be compared to the new BMW 335i? Thats 300BHP and 300 torque.

This is a legand, but can someone help me with the price of the car?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:13 PM
EJAX
Track Day

Fred, as I indicated, the best way to determine the price of a 2000 C4 coup with tip/auto transmission is to do a search on autotrader. Remember that this particular car has a large number of options and that other 2000 C4s with similar mileage are likely cheaper, perhaps in the mid to high 30s. You can run the comparisons just as easily as anyone on this board. The BMW is a completely different animal.

Signal, I stand corrected on the numbers.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by signal
I believe there were 911 milleniums made, not 2000, right?
correct. the photo shows that this car was #704 out of 911
Old 09-07-2006, 12:26 AM
outskirts
Track Day

I just bought my Porsche about a month ago from that dealership. I would be careful! I am a bit upset with them. I have a few problems with the car in owning it just a month, none of which are major issues, but still annoying problems that should have been taken care of. First of all, the seats stopped moving forward and backwards on both driver side and passenger. The driver seat got stuck one day when I was having it cleaned, I couldnt even get into the car. Had to have my girlfriend who is about 5 feet tall (who could barely get in) drive it to a local mechanic where I them replace the motor for about $500. Then I noticed the seat warmer on the driver side didnt work. And my breaks squeak real loud randomly. My latest problem with the car....the side skirt of the aereo kit that came with the car is falling off on the passenger side. WONDERFUL! I do thank god these are faily minor issues. But WHATS NEXT?! Am I over reacting? Ive owned 10 cars and NEVER had to repair any of them. Especially in the first month of owning it? I havent even made my first car payment yet! So thats how I feel about Phillips Auto. I still love my car. But I feel like they could have fixed alot of these problems for me. Just watch out, even though they tell you they do a 20 point inspection. I think its a load of bull. Have the car checked out by a local mechanic and make sure ALL functions of the vehicle are working properly before buying the car.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:31 AM
smankow
Pro

Options tend to increase the initial purchase price of the car more than resale price. That being said, power/performance options (engine, etc.) may hold more value than say a wood grain steering wheel (a $750 or so option). As EJAX stated a few times, autotrader.com is a good source. On kbb.com and edmunds.com, you can pick option, mileage, etc. and get estimated values for your area for private sale, trade-in value and dealer-resale value.

And above all, don't forget the PPI and try to get a certified Porsche warranty.

Steve

Quick Reply: millenium edition pricing justification