Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Anyone tried the Swift Shift Kit from EVO?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts
Question Anyone tried the Swift Shift Kit from EVO?

I'm really curious how they compare with other SSKs (B&M, stock, etc.) and whether people have tried using only the red bushings on the stock shifter (i.e., no throw reduction but presumably much more precise due to tighter bushings than the stock cheap plastic crap).

http://www.evoms.com/marketplace/Vie...45E6FCABD9C%7D

- Ahsai
Old 08-05-2006, 08:49 AM
QueenCityCarrera4
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahsai I tried for that same answer a few weeks ago with no response. Maybe its one of the last, great untried mods left. Maybe we should be the pioneers?
Old 08-07-2006, 06:01 AM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Um, I'm surprised that I don't even get a single reply of someone using this kit. It makes me wonder how good the kit is, so I think I would pass.

- Ahsai
Old 08-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I started Boxstering 7 years ago some of the local owners were putting in the EVO unit. Back then the metal needle bearings/bushings were an option that you paid extra for. Some owners paid extra for the metal bearing. In fact some would buy just the bearing from EVO and use them with the B&M. Back then the bushings that came with with the B&M did not have metal shells like they do now.

Then over time the B&M became the unit of choice.

There is a greater shift throw reduction with the B&M.

I can think of 2 local Boxster owners I know who removed the EVO and put in the B&M because they wanted a greater reduction.

I don't consider one unit superior to the other. It depends on how much shift throw reduction you want.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:29 PM
arenared
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put in just the Evo needle bearings several years ago as I thought the 6-speeds were notchy/stiff enough. I don't think throw is the limiting factor in shifting. It is the heavy flywheel, and generally notchy/sloppy shifter. The needle bearings will remove about 1/2 of the "slop" which adds markedly to the shifter feel. Highly recommended if you don't want shorter throws or notchier shifting.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Ahsai
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for all the info, guys. I may try it some day on the stock shifter I kept after the SSK install.

- Ahsai

Quick Reply: Anyone tried the Swift Shift Kit from EVO?