Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

My 1st 911. Getting it worked out.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006 | 02:02 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

I think we've all been "Punk'd" by this story, and the whole thing is a sham. This guy/gal (arr0gant)can't be for real!
Old 07-28-2006 | 02:14 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

What does the selling dealer say? if he says it is a CPO or was never damaged, then it must be true. I would buy it if the dealer says all is well.

we all know they dont wash titles through texas.
Originally Posted by arr0gant
These are the only records on this car. Is something fishy with a car thats records seem to start here at 14k miles and 6-23-05??

2003 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA2/CARRERA 4S
WP0AA29983S621574
COUPE
3.6L H6 SFI DOHC / REAR WHEEL DRIVE
Standard Equipment | Safety Options
CARFAX Safety & Reliability Report

CARFAX Vehicle History - At A Glance
• 4 billion vehicle history events checked from public and private sources
• Qualifies - CARFAX Buyback Guarantee
• Last reported mileage - 22,672 miles

06/23/2005 14,227 Auto Auction Sold at auction
in Pacific Region
Listed as
a fleet vehicle

07/18/2005 14,549 Texas
Inspection Station
Fort Worth, TX Passed emissions or safety inspection

11/02/2005 Texas
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Weatherford, TX
Title #22038938649154256 Title issued or updated
New owner reported
Loan or lien reported

05/01/2006 22,672 Dealer Inventory
Houston, TX Vehicle offered for sale

05/18/2006 Dealer Inventory Vehicle offered for sale

07/28/2006 Porsche Cars North America No recalls open for repair
Old 07-28-2006 | 02:30 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Cmon you guys. Have a little faith that I may just know what Im doing. Should I call a 4th lawyer? This is what every lawyer has told me, including Crag K***r, the guy blk hooked me up with. Read the DTPA Texas Law. http://library.findlaw.com/2000/Mar/1/130722.html

As long as they are willing to take the car back and pay my damages, it is over. Now, if they say FU, go away, we ain't payin' you NOTHING. I can sue them, expect to get all my money back AND sue for "UP TO" 3 times damages, but no more. THIS IS THE LAW!!! THERE ARE NO PUNITIVES!!! You guys are the ones who are misguided in this situation. They know I have 'em and I will expect the SAME car for the SAME price, at least. IF they get me a car with half the miles and its a year newer, I will spend an extra few grand. Example. If they get me a factory warranty + CPO car, 2003 with 17k miles that they payed 55k for at auction, I WANT IT FOR 53k. If they say no, I say ok thanks. Ship my car back to you at YOUR EXPENCE, PAY ME for my plane ticket and $150 for gas for my way back, and thank you and have a good life. The ball is in THEIR court and I AM IN THE DRIVERS SEAT! This is an opportunity to get EXACTLY whatever I want. Don't any of you get that? I am a little more savvy than you may think. We WILL see in the end.
Gant, it appears you missed my point. I don't mean punitive damages as in a lawsuit. A lawsuit should only be the last resort. If Momentum has admitted liability and you have them by the *****, then you should squeeze, is what I'm saying. Momentum Motorcars isn't a mom-and-pop operation, so you should find out just how much their reputation is worth to them. Demand more than you're willing to accept and negotiate from there. See if they call your bluff and risk the bad press in public. Channel 13's Marvin Zindler will be happy to facilitate, I suspect. It's not like they stiffed you on a set of tires. They sold a flooded car as a regular car!

Like I said, a comparable replacement is a wash to Momentum. What did they lose in the end? Regardless, it's your affair and decision, so it's up to you.
Old 07-28-2006 | 02:34 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Maybe the day it began its life in the US after import from Canada?

These are the only records on this car. Is something fishy with a car thats records seem to start here at 14k miles and 6-23-05??
Old 07-28-2006 | 02:37 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

I've recieved several PM's. If it wasn't for people like them, as a brand-new member, I would think this board is a waste-of-time and I would leave. You all know who you are!! Thanks at ton!

1. Gant, you are handling yourself with the utmost class. there are some real jackasses posting right now. don't know how you do it. I would be kicking some internet ***!

2. Arr0,
Pick and choose who you listen to here. We have alot guys who just like to F with people. Stick to your gunns, and if you need anything please respond.

3. Gant,
I have been diligently reading all the posts attached to your purchase. I am glad to see that global is going to take care of you. Im really interested in what comes of it as i have seen a few cars there that interest me as well. I currently have a ***** with **k miles. Love the car just want another one! Looking at the same type of car as you! 2002 C4S, lo miles, black and silver are the only choices for me (my ** is *** with ***). also considering an 01 or 02 turbo. I am not in a big hurry so when you buy yours, can you tell me the result? that way we are not fighting for the same car! did you say you paid 49k for the 02 c4S? most of the ones out there i have seen are closer to 55-58k. i hope you find another for the same deal. use me as a bargaining chip if it helps ( you know another renn lister that saw how stand up they were and wants the same kind of car!). my cel is ***-***-****, i live in **** **** good luck and i will continue to keep a watchful eye on your progress.

regards,

Gant, just ignore the people that just like like to throw gas on the fire. I think you have handled this VERY well and I do wish you the best. I am just praying you get exactly what you want and the price you think is fair and there are NO stories that come with the car.

Please keep us posted. We are just looking out for you.

Hey, You have to grow a thik skin on this board. You should have seen the way I responded when I first joined the board almost ** years ago. Man, I had a temper problem. But I grew some skin, realized there were some serous losers here, and didn't let anything get to me (for the mostpart).

You my friend are light years ahead of the curve with the patience you have exhibited with the riff raff trolls of this board!

---------------------------------------
Just wanted to share these comments so that others know there really are great people here to help. Thanks guys, your comments mean alot.
Old 07-28-2006 | 02:38 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ucube
Gant, it appears you missed my point. I don't mean punitive damages as in a lawsuit. A lawsuit should only be the last resort. If Momentum has admitted liability and you have them by the *****, then you should squeeze, is what I'm saying. Momentum Motorcars isn't a mom-and-pop operation, so you should find out just how much their reputation is worth to them. Demand more than you're willing to accept and negotiate from there. See if they call your bluff and risk the bad press in public. Channel 13's Marvin Zindler will be happy to facilitate, I suspect. It's not like they stiffed you on a set of tires. They sold a flooded car as a regular car!

Like I said, a comparable replacement is a wash to Momentum. What did they lose in the end? Regardless, it's your affair and decision, so it's up to you.
Great advice, THANKS!!
Old 07-28-2006 | 10:40 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LVDell
Maybe the day it began its life in the US after import from Canada?

Hmm... new meadow fresh fragrance Tide... smells like a title fresh back from being cleaned, my favorite!

Amazing - a 2+ year old car with no record of original sale or service until it miraculously appears at auction.

If this car is clean, then my wife said she just saw the tooth fairy in the other room.

Last edited by oreganet; 07-28-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-30-2006 | 07:10 PM
billh1963
Rennlist Member

Update?
Old 07-30-2006 | 08:09 PM
QueenCityCarrera4
Instructor

Punk'd??
Old 07-31-2006 | 12:16 AM
arr0gant
Drifting

<-------------------Ashton Kutcher
Old 07-31-2006 | 09:47 AM
gillie
Instructor

This guy has almost a hundred posts in a single month. At that rate he's going he's going to top the
guy with shades from NY. The sad part of the strory is that he's being reamed and either he doesn't know it or is enjoying the attention. He sure doesn't behave like a u-boat commander to me.

Getting his money back plus expenses is a pipe dream and unfortunately he doesn't want to wake up.
This is a very sad story and many of us have gone through similar tribulations (thankfully, at less expense) but painful nonetheless.
Old 07-31-2006 | 03:06 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by gillie
Getting his money back plus expenses is a pipe dream and unfortunately he doesn't want to wake up.

That's so wierd. The owner of Global called this morning and told me he wanted to ship the car back right away and to send him my reciepts for GAS and Air-Fare so I could be reimbersed. Maybe im just in a wierd dream. Or maybe YOU need to "wake up."

Anyhow, they said they are looking for a car to replace this one for me that will make me happy, but in the meantime, they will be happy to get my money back to me.
Old 07-31-2006 | 03:11 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

An interesting twist. I would not give Global the benefit of the doubt here. Honestly they probably want the car back so they can try and sue Momentum, or use it as leverage in another transaction. Thinking their actions toward you are out of the goodness of their heart is probably naive. They have already sold you a bad car, and no matter what they say they knew it was bad. You are giving away your leverage with Momentum if you do this. If you are incessant in pursuing anything and you have Momentum by the nads then I would go after then. They have the deep pockets, and would be more likely to find you another car if you are set on that route.
Old 07-31-2006 | 03:17 PM
MadCow
Track Day

That's so wierd. The owner of Global called this morning and told me he wanted to ship the car back right away and to send him my reciepts for GAS and Air-Fare so I could be reimbersed. Maybe im just in a wierd dream. Or maybe YOU need to "wake up."

Anyhow, they said they are looking for a car to replace this one for me that will make me happy, but in the meantime, they will be happy to get my money back to me.

That's good news and I'm glad it looks like things are going in the right direction for you. Get your dough back, chalk up the experience, and put your energy into finding your new car!.
Old 07-31-2006 | 03:19 PM
billh1963
Rennlist Member

Why do I have a bad feeling that a new saga is about to begin?

Quick Reply: My 1st 911. Getting it worked out.