Sponsored by:

My 1st 911. Getting it worked out.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by arr0gant
Ok ok, maybe i stretched that last part. He dind't exactly say that. All he said was, he is going to work with them to get me a new car. They have already agree'd to take this one back. Feel free to drive it in the mean-time.

If they DID try to do that, I will hit them hard with a law-suit. I am not in a position to send the car back and not have a car. If he can find me a replacment, I will drive it back to them. He has already agree'd to that.

If he can't find a car that I can agree on, I will ask them to pay shipping to get the car back, and get my money back.
Really, the sooner you get the car back in their hands the better. They will try every trick in the book to stall. The sooner you get the car back and money in your hands, the better a situation you'll be in.

If you end up buying another car from them, then that's your choice, but all the time they have your money, they're in control - remember, once this car is (now has been) branded a flooded car it is essentially worthless - your money is worth more to them than the car right now and you need to turn the tables.

Even if it means buying a clunker to tide you over, get rid of the car.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:53 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

This car would be an even trade. It does, however have 7k more miles than the one I have now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-25-2006, 07:54 PM
billh1963
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 189 Posts

I'm with oreganet and LVDell on this one. I can't help but have a bad feeling that you're being maneuvered into a position that is going to make it more difficult to resolve this issue.

Only the paranoid survive!
Old 07-25-2006, 08:03 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't lose sight of the fact that you may be setting your self up to pay sales tax twice (once for each car) if your hold onto the second car for too long. There is probably law in your state about how long you have to return the first car (and receive a credit on the sales tax you paid), but it is pretty safe to assume that the longer you hang on to it and drive it around harder it will be to argue that there is not a "taxable event" when you acquire another car.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:09 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by rome
Don't lose sight of the fact that you may be setting your self up to pay sales tax twice (once for each car) if your hold onto the second car for too long. There is probably law in your state about how long you have to return the first car (and receive a credit on the sales tax you paid), but it is pretty safe to assume that the longer you hang on to it and drive it around harder it will be to argue that there is not a "taxable event" when you acquire another car.

I am not purchasing this car. If I haven't returned it by the time my temps expire, I will just put on my plates and hope for no tix. If I were to pay tax, I have 6 months to recoupe it when buying a new car.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:36 PM
WFO
Advanced

I will just put on my plates and hope for no tix.
That's like going from the fire into the frying pan. Don't get yourself in more ****. I'm with others here, return the car now and arrange to have someone give you a ride away from that place. How do you even sleep at night even having possession of it. You really need to pick up the phone, and arrange it.......the sooner the better, and the sooner you can move on and make things right. Good Luck.......and again, don't just slap some plates on the car......if you get busted for that, that will give them ammo against your character in the event this thing moves into legal proeceedings. Sends shivers down my spine!!
Old 07-25-2006, 08:40 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by WFO
That's like going from the fire into the frying pan. Don't get yourself in more ****. I'm with others here, return the car now and arrange to have someone give you a ride away from that place. How do you even sleep at night even having possession of it. You really need to pick up the phone, and arrange it.......the sooner the better, and the sooner you can move on and make things right. Good Luck.......and again, don't just slap some plates on the car......if you get busted for that, that will give them ammo against your character in the event this thing moves into legal proeceedings. Sends shivers down my spine!!

I am going to give them a few days to make this thing right. They know they have to take the car back. I have talked to 3 lawyers. All of them advised me to work it out if I can with them. So that is what I am doing. If they don't come thru, I will insist that they ship the car back and refund my money. Or I will call the lawyer and sue.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:02 PM
billh1963
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 189 Posts

Don't forget that they have lawyers, too. And what your lawyer tells you now may not always be the outcome if you have to go to court. Take the car back, get the money, and wash your hands of this deal. There are too many good cars out there to waste your time on this dealership!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

This car would be an even trade. It does, however have 7k more miles than the one I have now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...QQcmdZViewItem

Okay, so if they're being so cooperative, why have they not offered you that car? If they were really into making you happy and resolving this quickly they would have presented a range of options to you and a timeline for resolution.

... the conversation could go something along the lines of;
"Sir, we present he following options to you:
1) return the car, we'll refund your money and all expenses.
2) Exchange the car for this silver C4S. Come in this weekend and do the exchange.
3) We can try and get hold of a comparable car, but that might take us a while. let's talk about what that can would look like and mutually agree on the limitations of such an exchange."

Until such an exchange happens I don't think that someone is being serious.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:26 PM
searching4996
Racer

I am going to give them a few days to make this thing right. They know they have to take the car back. I have talked to 3 lawyers. All of them advised me to work it out if I can with them. So that is what I am doing. If they don't come thru, I will insist that they ship the car back and refund my money. Or I will call the lawyer and sue.

Well I for one think you are doing the right thing trying to handle it amicably. It really is possible that they took the word of the dealer who sold them the car in the first place and are now working out arrangements to send him back this car. Drive it until they do and consider it a free ball. As for the other c4s they are offering you for 49k, I would suggest lopping off 2 grand for your troubles and see what they say.

From what they've said so far they seem to be making it right, so don't pull out the pistols unless nescessary.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

They have offered me this car for 49k. What do you guys think? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...QQcmdZViewItem
I'd missed that they had offered the silver C4S to you.

Looks like a nice car, but as usual, pull the carfax, get them to pay for a PPI and ask them for an account of the history. Trace whatever you can. If you are contemplating accepting their offer, do not do so without going there to see it.

I cannot compare option for option with what you originally bought, but you should compare side by side what each has and put a value to it. I do not think it unreasonable to counter offer depending upon how this car stacks up to the one that you bought. If you post the differences here we can help you sort through it.

Additionally, this whole experience has been a drain on time and effort. I personally put a high value on my time, that should factor into the deal.

I read your comments about what the three lawyers said. Unfortunately, I interpret that to be lawyerspeak for "come to a settlement with them, don't push this to court". Not being present for the conversation I might be wrong, but considering I know plenty of lawyers I can imagine the conversation. That limits your options. Hang in there, you have a lot of people here looking out for you.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Dutchie in NC
Burning Brakes

Post on eBay says that there is 'remaining factory warranty' on the car... doubt there is any left. Not sure what the 'in production' date of the car was, but it was built in 12/01. If it took 6 months to get it on the road, there shouldn't be any factory warranty left...
Old 07-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Kirk (the DC one)
Intermediate

Since you're accepting opinions, I'll contribute: don't try to make a better deal out of a situation that didn't go right. Take the money if you can, look for your perfect car, and move on. For that kind of money, you don't need the hassle of questioning the credibility of the other end of the contract.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:53 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

My car now has:
RUF Pedals
GT2 WING
Advanced technich pak
Sport Design Pak
Heated seats
Sport Exhaust
Silver console
Black Metallic Paint
Sport Full Leather seats, leather dash
32.5k miles
Bose/cd changer
Old 07-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Zoolander
Racer

Hey guys, am I the only one to remember the warranty issues he had with the C4s he has now???? This ad on Ebay is the exact same from the C4s he just got screwed on except for the photos,mileage, and price. Heck, I know because I almost bought the same car. Thank God I was an hour too late.

So
1. we have a dealer that stated there was a factory warranty but then Arrogant finds out AFTER he buys it that he doesn't. (same as the C4s offered to him an exchange)
2. the car has a flood damage history not known till after he buys it
3. they are now selling another 2000 C4s for a Buy It Now price $2000 more than the one Arrogant purchased even though his had 7000 less miles. (Sure sounds like they knew something....?)

These guys sound like bad news. THANK GOD I DID NOT BUY THIS CAR!

Quick Reply: My 1st 911. Getting it worked out.