Sponsored by:

My 1st 911. Getting it worked out.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 04:19 PM
porsche-t
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arrowax
haha..just make sure this time you are not getting another submarine Porsche, they don't make a good boat.
"So, which one of you is the U-boat Captain?"
- Tom Cruise, Risky Business
Old 07-25-2006, 04:44 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I too would get all of my money back and start over from scratch taking this experience with me down the road. You now know the process of the car being certified or not, and know if someone is BS'ing you. YOu know to do a complete PPI from someone trust before ever signing the papers and driving off. You know not to take any car salesman at his word. Think back to Reagan and go with "trust but verify". trust them the car is nice, but verify it is as good as they say with a PPI performed by someone you find not someone they recommend. If all else fails ASK US HERE BEFORE BUYING! We'll be glad to help. If you ever find another car in Houston I will be happy to go check it out for you before you fly down here. I have done this for a couple of people on this board. There are others out there in other locations who are happy to do the same.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:53 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there's other thread asking about buying from dealer v.s. private, i don't have time to go into details. but i will try:
in normal case, buying from generic used car dealer (like global) is the worst idea. i would try my best to avoid dealing with them. tons of 996 out there, u can be picky.
if u want to get a mint one, go with p-car dealer, private seller, or other lux/sport car dealer(such as BMW/MB).
if you want to get a good price. work with someone locally(those one guy dealer), get one from auction directly.
good luck!
Old 07-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
I am soooooooooo with Tom on this one. Get a FULL refund of everything expended so this whole ordeal didn't cost you a penny and then start from scratch. If you honestly believe that they did NOT know about the flood damage then my advice to you would to see a psychiatrist immediately since you suffer from some form of serious mental illness. It's the equivalent of taking back the girl who cheated on you. Not me. I would be done with it and they should be glad they all we NOT sued. As well, regardless you need to notify the city/state's AG as well as the BBB b/c they are just going to pass this car off on another guy.

I tend to agree. Why reward them for deception by buying a more expensive car.... they'll laugh all the way to the bank... they scammed you (but, okay, I'll give them benefit of the doubt that they didn't knwo - even though they probably did). I'd get my money back and look elsewhere. I don't reward people who break my trust. I love the cheating girlfriend analogy - it's perfect!

In another thread someone said that the Houston area was awash with 996s, I'm sure that's the case in a lot of places. There's always another car and another dealer. The only reason to stay with them is if they give you a significant discount on another car and prove that there's nothing wrong with it (full records would be nice).

Be more aggressive, it's an insult to be offered another car at a higher price than the one that they just scammed you on... typical trade up bait and switch. Argh! it makes me mad that you would even consider it!
Old 07-25-2006, 06:20 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Lets assume for one moment that they did not know. What does that say about what they know about cars? If they could not tell the car had been flooded then they are either the most ignorant dumbass bunch of car people on Earth, or they knew and lied to rip you off and are now trying to get you to buy a more expensive car. Would you really have any faith in these people to find you a great car? How would they know it is great when they didn't know the last one is flooded? How would ever trust them? They are only offering good faith because you have them dead to rights in a lawsuit. Do not fall for this. Start over man.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Also, I like the suggestion of reporting the car to as many people as possible - make sure that they don't turn around and resell the car and scam someone else.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:23 PM
pl
Drifting

Originally Posted by oreganet
Also, I like the suggestion of reporting the car to as many people as possible - make sure that they don't turn around and resell the car and scam someone else.
email carfax will do.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:47 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by pl
email carfax will do.

Oh, believe me, I will be emailing carfax the records!! NO ONE IS GETTING SCAMMED ON THIS CAR, BUT ME!!
Old 07-25-2006, 06:53 PM
pl
Drifting

Originally Posted by arr0gant
Oh, believe me, I will be emailing carfax the records!! NO ONE IS GETTING SCAMMED ON THIS CAR, BUT ME!!

did u get your $$ back yet?
Old 07-25-2006, 07:32 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

No, I am letting Dean(Global) try to work out a deal with the dealer(Momentum) who scroo'd me in the 1st place. I am hoping Dean puts the screws down and Im hoping Momentum fixes this problem. In the meanwhile, I have been told to drive my car like I stole it!
Old 07-25-2006, 07:34 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

In the meanwhile, I have been told to drive my car like I stole it!
Absolutely do NOT do that! You should not even be in posession of the car anymore. Do NOT give them a reason to say "well you trashed the motor so you bought it!"
Old 07-25-2006, 07:38 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

No, I am letting Dean(Global) try to work out a deal with the dealer(Momentum) who scroo'd me in the 1st place. I am hoping Dean puts the screws down and Im hoping Momentum fixes this problem. In the meanwhile, I have been told to drive my car like I stole it!
Boy, they are pulling ever trick on the book on you and you're falling for it. It's almost painful to watch.

- Document the state of the car
- deliver the car back to them - make sure you get a receipt.
- Make sure you have written agreement of what the steps are between now and the money being in your hand.
- keep copies of all documentation that you have on the car.
- Do not trust ANYthing that they say to you until it happens - they're playing you.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

Hold on, hold on. You bought the car from Global. You negotiate with Global. Momentum didn't screw you. Your deal was with Global.

Global are attempting to pass the buck and shirk responsibility. Forget that. Lay down the law with Global. They have to fix it. You hold them responsible and they are the ones to fix the situation.

Allowing them to pass the buck to Momentum allows them to throw up their arms and say 'it's their fault not ours" To hell with that. Global sold you the car.

You are way too trusting, or a little too nieve. When large sums of money and reputations are on the line, trust no one.

Buy a nagging little voice for the back of your head, you need one to protect you.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:43 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Ok ok, maybe i stretched that last part. He dind't exactly say that. All he said was, he is going to work with them to get me a new car. They have already agree'd to take this one back. Feel free to drive it in the mean-time.

If they DID try to do that, I will hit them hard with a law-suit. I am not in a position to send the car back and not have a car. If he can find me a replacment, I will drive it back to them. He has already agree'd to that.

If he can't find a car that I can agree on, I will ask them to pay shipping to get the car back, and get my money back.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:47 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

They have offered me this car for 49k. What do you guys think? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...QQcmdZViewItem

Quick Reply: My 1st 911. Getting it worked out.