Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Time To Begin The DIY Maintenance(and Mods) Journey (Including RMS!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006 | 04:09 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JimB
Starting?? I thought we had been doing it for years!
Maybe. My comment was regarding your 996 bretheren, and the apparent lack of doing interesting jobs on the car at home. 996s have been moded to h igh heaven on rennlist, but usually by tuners. You don't see people saying "Boy, I need to get in that engine and replace xxx," or "I think I will replace my shocks this weekend,".
Old 06-28-2006 | 06:55 PM
Gator911
Racer

I will definitely be taking pictures and documenting the ordel...

Today i ordered all the parts to update the clutch lever like 1999Porsch911 had suggested. Suncoast had all but 1 part, which i paid to be overnighted...Hopefully it gets here by friday or i have to wait another week

Originally Posted by phaedrus242
Also, exercise extreme care and follow the instructions to the letter when installing the new style RMS. These can easily get rolled or not seat properly when installing, necessitating doing the whole thing over. While you're in there, I would also update the intermediate shaft flange seal and use the new micro-encapsulated case bolts. Any parts guy with a tiny bit of knowledge should know these aprt numbers off the top of their head.
Cheers
I will be carefull. I have built motors by hand before, so it should be no big deal with the RMS tool(supposedly fool proof).

I am updating the IMS. You can see in the pictures the flange(in the green bag) and the micro-encapsulated bolts are there too!

-Keith
Old 07-15-2006 | 06:07 PM
Gator911
Racer

As you guyes requested...If there are any specific questions...Just ask!

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/286452-results-of-my-diy-maintenance-and-rms.html

That thread as the info

Quick Reply: Time To Begin The DIY Maintenance(and Mods) Journey (Including RMS!)