996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Market Value 1999 911

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 12:55 PM
jb26jb
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks nice same color combo as mine and same aero minus the atco wing on my car. However seats do not appear heated buttons would be on the bat wing for the dash which I don't see in the pics. Nice car, great color, good luck.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:39 AM
WearyMicrobe
Advanced

Thanks for all the reply's guys, the car goes in for PPI on Friday 10:30 and I will have the car that evening if everything goes well, at this point I am completely flipped out, 100% totally off my rocker.
I don't think I could take looking for another one at this point if it has some major problem that I have not noticed. I was wandering around the used lots and keep second guessing myself, I personally cannot believe that it will be in my garage in under 48 hours.

My wife thinks I am insane. Maybe I am but this is definitly not the unusal car, she keeps reminding me, I have ever purchased its just I have wanted a modern 911 for so long.

Which is why I am sitting in front of the computer at 12:30, I am sure I am not the only one who has done this. I keep double checking that what little money I had to borrow is in the account ready to go, and i have already picked out a few upgrades that I would like to do in the short term.

Any words of wisdom pass them on, I have spent ~4 hours digging through the past posts and looking at the RMS replacment protocol (these cars look moderately easy to work on). Just need to calm down and get some sleep, have not heard back from the seller. Also I have a buyer for my 356 outlaw so that means I will have a bit of cash to do the seats and I/E sooner then I though.

Cliff's notes.
Cannot wait, but second guessing myself.
Spell check doe snot work on my Mac for some reason?
Old 06-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Weary,

Great looking car, great price. I totally hope it checks out for you. I would take that car in a heartbeat.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:57 PM
WearyMicrobe
Advanced

It here, its here, O YOUR GOD, thats a fun car. Honestly I was dripping in sweat on the wya home I was so excited.

So PPI checks out clean. Only one problem, the windsheild wiper sprayers do not work, when you hit the button it makes the car pee. What little oil that was on the bottom of the car was just spray from the road. They say I should get another 20K out of the clutch, which is ~4 years of driving for me. The tires, brakes and everything else was pretty much brand new.

We did find out that the car had been painted hood/bumper/fenders, but it was to better then factory finish and by one of the best shops in town. (Amato.)

Sat in a GT3 seat definitly going to order thoses and a few other odds and ends. got to change the oil this weekend. On that note how many miles before you are supposed to change the oil, it is synthetic.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:04 AM
villajoe
Advanced

My winshield sprayer did the same thing. Easy fix. Pull the driver's side fenderliner and the tube for the sprayer likely came off.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:23 AM
TurboMark
Pro

hood, fenders and bumper is a LOT of paint work.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Kevin H. in Atl..
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CarreraMark
Yep. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

My '99 required painting of the entire front end after collision repair ($12.5k damage), but the car looks infinitely better than before. It had accumulated a bunch of stone chips, a couple of which on the hood were quite noticable. And the bumper cover was really showing it's age. However, I admit that if the quality of the paintwork was less than perfect, I'd feel differently. Fortunately, the paintwork is exceptional; I'm repeatedly amazed by the paintwork. I realize my car will be worth less when I sell it (DMV settlement made me whole), but it looks fantastic.
Attached Images    
Old 07-01-2006, 10:51 AM
WearyMicrobe
Advanced

Originally Posted by CarreraMark
The paint was only done for rock chips, no mechanical damage what so ever.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Kevin H. in Atl..
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

And Weary,
The intent of my post was to state that IMHO, paintwork can be a very good thing.
These cars are drivers, not collectibles with pretentions of display at Monterey.

Quick Reply: Market Value 1999 911