996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Removal/Replacement of CD storage in center console

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 06:16 PM
bnh996
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Loving the history within this thread - mentions of MP3 players and Circuit City. I do have a legit reason for posting, albeit perhaps covered by other threads I cannot find yet. Can the HVAC unit be relocated to 2nd from bottom slot (where the CD/cassette holder are factory located)? Everyone I've seen adjust the order puts the HVAC at the 4th (bottom) slot with a trim kit. I'd like to put it where the CD storage slot is.
The following users liked this post:
PflugerPorsche (06-22-2023)
Old 07-27-2022, 09:44 PM
911 40th
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am loving this thread, too. Just pull out all the CD trays and yank on them to remove the CD shelf ... by far the easiest thing I have ever done in 23 years as a Porsche owner!

Removing the CD shelf because I had the Porsche Classic dual-DIN upgrade installed which renders the CD player obsolete. Which also means I have a perfectly good 996 OEM nav system and CD changer which are now surplus to requirements. PM me if you are interested in this kind of used gear.

Today, the stereo upgrade. Tomorrow, the chip tuning! Onward!
Old 07-27-2022, 10:19 PM
vetfever
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 40th
I am loving this thread, too. Just pull out all the CD trays and yank on them to remove the CD shelf ... by far the easiest thing I have ever done in 23 years as a Porsche owner!

Removing the CD shelf because I had the Porsche Classic dual-DIN upgrade installed which renders the CD player obsolete. Which also means I have a perfectly good 996 OEM nav system and CD changer which are now surplus to requirements. PM me if you are interested in this kind of used gear.

Today, the stereo upgrade. Tomorrow, the chip tuning! Onward!
Me too Vintage info here

vetfever

Quick Reply: Removal/Replacement of CD storage in center console